who swore in their responses? (1 Viewer)

M

mick18

jhakka said:
I used the word "Bollocks". Does that count?

In my opinion, if the use of swearing adds to the intended effect of the text, then go for it. Of course you have to keep it appropriate to the situation and not use it for the sake of it.

You're an idiot.

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
leathaface said:
Last year in my HSC, I quoted from Training Day... I had the word fuck about twice in that movie. As long as its in a quote its all g Double O D good!~

Just explain why the character used profanity.
I smell a fool.

cwilson

i swore in mine, the term 'art fag' i believe.... it was ok cause it was someone paying out a pomoist... you couldn't communicate the correct attitude if you didn't swear

i think swearing is fine, if composers can use it in their texts then certainly we can use it in ours... all the exempler responses have swearing in them and teachers are old enough and mature enough to be able to read it without blushing... come on they teach high school students....

waterfowl

HSC
I didn't swear because I wasn't quite sure what words would have been used in the 19th Century :p

I think swearing is perfectly fine, as long as it fits in with what the text is trying to say and it isn't just in there for the sake of swearing. And if it's in a quote then it's definately OK!

Groagy

HSC
I know I used a quote from the Shipping News with swearing in it and then rambled about how the swearing was a technique that conveyed the local's attitude towards the global. I've always wanted to use the anecdote in the Shipping News about the bouncer being raped with a cod but I've never gotten a question where it would fit nicely.

Skeeta

HSC
we did crime fiction and for my creative i was a hard boiled detective - so i thort swearing was appropriate. i think i might have said fuck but i said shit and bloody a few times.

they were gangsta's

ok they werent really but it fun to say

aud

HSC
mick18 said:
No offence but writing about someone supposedly innocent while in prison is a bit *ahem* cliche, dont you think?
Clichéd - yes. Desperate - yes. :D And she wasn't supposedly innocent, she was innocent... stupid cheerleader with a millionaire for a father...

nuffy

swore in creative - as long as u don't do it in ur formal essay, our out of context its ok i guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)