who swore in their responses? (1 Viewer)

carlybeth

Funeral Director
HSC
i do spec, and the exam was completly D-U-M-B. (i do extension, so i can spell it). but the Q was ok, for those who know HMT, i used the "fucking" quote from the ritual scene, i write the eff word twice in an exam! lol, i also said it our loud in the english paper two exam when i saw the frontline question.
did anyone else use the eff word in their stories? or in anything else?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
the markes are like 40 years old arn;t they?
i don't think they'd appreciate it, they certainly ouldn;t if they are like my parents :)

y didn;t u just censor it

F**k or something?

idontgetit

HSC
I've seen exemplars for 3u and major works for 4u that use swearing. Don't worry about it, they're not you're grandma :rolleyes:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
The swearing is in a quote, the problem is with the text not you :p

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
ahh a quote
sorry
i reckon its fine then

though for some markers it might just tarnish the essay, i dunno
i'd be safe and asterix it

televators

HSC
asterix's take out the overall impact of the word- either use it in its full context, or dont use it all. Besides quoting (which you seem to have done)- i'd never use in a formal critical response- creative should be completely fine, providing the word is used in context- like in my ext 2 piece writing 'oh damn, i seem to be lost' is ridiculuous or 'oh, f***' is doing pretty much the same thing - if you're using the word over and over again for the sake of doing it,- then you shouldnt be doing ext 1 (which im pretty sure you're not!)

don't worry, you'll be fine

Jems

hey,
i reakon swearing is useful when used effectively.
like in my creative i said "shit", alright its not that offensive, but to middle aged people it might be. but the guy in my story was about to be shot, and i mean, put yourself if that position, you'd be swearing!
and if its a quote, thats cool...
what did you guys think of the questions all up... did crime fiction and they were pretty good in general, but i forgot to mention the picture, FUCK, i am so annoyed, do you reakon it will be a big thing? like a difference in bands?
thanks
have fun and good luck with the rest

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
gordo said:
the markes are like 40 years old arn;t they?
i don't think they'd appreciate it, they certainly ouldn;t if they are like my parents :)

y didn;t u just censor it

F**k or something?

ahaha my mum is a 40 yr old english teacher and she swears like a chimney. in the private arena, not when she's teaching :p

i didn't use any swear words in this exam but generally markers don't mind as long as it's in context and not just gratuitious swearing for shits and giggles

fantasia

HSC
as long as you dont swear for the sake of it.. because some markers might get offended.

televators

HSC
not offended, just annoyed... i mean come on people- its the 21st century

DaRanjed

It's a quote so it shouldn't matter. I don't think they'll mind.
If the examiners are sensitive about it, they can blame BoS for issuing 'Handmaid's Tale'. :rolleyes:

Farcanell

Yeah, swearing makes you come across as juvenile... probably because it is a genuinely immature thing to do...

But one of my quotes had profanity... I quoted dennis from The Castle saying "I'm shittin' meself" :)

J

jhakka

I used the word "Bollocks". Does that count?

In my opinion, if the use of swearing adds to the intended effect of the text, then go for it. Of course you have to keep it appropriate to the situation and not use it for the sake of it.

aud

HSC
I almost said fuck in my creative... was very close to, but held back, must have got caught up in the angsty moment of realising you're being held captive in a prison where no one believes you're innocent of murder... yes...

leathaface

Last year in my HSC, I quoted from Training Day... I had the word fuck about twice in that movie. As long as its in a quote its all g Double O D good!~

Just explain why the character used profanity.

M

mick18

aud said:
I almost said fuck in my creative... was very close to, but held back, must have got caught up in the angsty moment of realising you're being held captive in a prison where no one believes you're innocent of murder... yes...
No offence but writing about someone supposedly innocent while in prison is a bit *ahem* cliche, dont you think?

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
I swore nearly every second line.

It was a diary account from the perspective of someone with Tourette’s.

In a vain hope of sounding postmodern, I even called my marker a dickhead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)