Who plans on a Gap Year? (1 Viewer)

TimeyWimeyStuff

HSC
Who is planning on taking a gap year? I'm just plain curious :) Do you have any plans?
I myself plan on taking a gap year, to work full time and to travel to England for a month or two. Attempting to travel before I am trapped in one place for several years due to Uni :)

Elisa Sweet

HSC
I am, gonna get a job and work the whole year saving up money for Uni and moving out

nojess

HSC
taking a gap year is the only thing I'm sure about in my future :p
I plan on working, and hopefully saving some money to travel through south america.
(spanish beginners might actually prove to be useful!)

Elisa Sweet

HSC
I'm definitely not going over seas (petrified of planes). I hope you have fun over there :) and you can spend the whole year planning other stuff too. You know Spanish?

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Can you enrol to a university and have them hold you a place while you take a gap year?

Or do you have to reapply the next year?

nojess

HSC
I'm definitely not going over seas (petrified of planes). I hope you have fun over there :) and you can spend the whole year planning other stuff too. You know Spanish?
I used to be afraid of planes, but I've unfortunately got a bad case of wanderlust and have had to confront my fear :)
Thank you!
umm I hope I do because I have my speaking trial exam on monday haha

Emily Howard

HSC
took a gap year planned to do so much

ended up on my couch stoned everyday

DeeAndLife

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm in a gap year at the moment, working full time at a bakery. Pretty boring aha but still, I'm getting money and I'm saving for Uni and to hopefully move out!

Lul

HSC
Yes, you will keep your place in the course, when taking a gap year. You won't have to re-apply.

COLDBOY

HSC
Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but think about it. You just finished the HSC, the best job you could get in a year is probably at KFC. How much money do you think you are going to save? Not much. That's why there is HECS and why universities assist students who have some financial disadvantage. Unless you're travelling the world and doing something different, taking a year off uni to work right after the HSC might not be a reasonable decision. It's better to get into uni and get out as fast as you can with a degree which allows you to make more money in a week than you would have made in that year you would have taken off(exaggeration but nevertheless true). It might seem magical to some people but if you are that desperate for money and you need it to go out with friends, you could always make some on the side, part-time, during uni, I know it's overloading but some students do it on the side. Plus university is only 8 months all up, you have the other 4 months in the year off, you can choose to work or just chill. Stay in school!

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Depends on the person whether it is better for them to stay at school or have a gap year. Not only do I want to save up for a bond to move out, I've never worked before so I also need to get used to that before working AND doing uni

Jimmy2064

HSC
I'm working for like 5 or 6 months and then backpacking in Europe for 3-4 months. I'll probably end up stoned most days too, but at least I'll be in the Dam for it!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)