who is so over english that they are finding it extremely difficult to study for ext (1 Viewer)

oth16

HSC
Re: who is so over english that they are finding it extremely difficult to study for

I pretty much remember a whole story, cos i learn it like a speech.
I admit it does look weird when i am in my room talking aloud to myself but hey each to their own lol =)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Sangfroid said:
I'm doing two prescibed texts (The Big Sleep and The Real Inspector Hound) and two supplementary texts (Chinatown and A Time to Kill).

I needa get my brain juices flowing again - but the concepts and framework I've got a fairly strong indication of. Just need to remember the specifics - quotes from the text, theory quotes, and some techniques.

Sticking with my outline for the creative.
so we dont have to do all three prescribed? i do them + the skull beneath the skin

erm

HSC
Re: who is so over english that they are finding it extremely difficult to study for

hollyy. said:
so we dont have to do all three prescribed? i do them + the skull beneath the skin
nope 2 prescribed is good (thank god)....sometimes though, it's a matter of which suit the question better.

Kimia2409

HSC

do you reckon there's a chance they might ask for 3 prescribed?

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC

Kimia2409 said:
do you reckon there's a chance they might ask for 3 prescribed?
have they done that before? cath trial asked for 2...

off to memorise quotes :argue:

erm

HSC

hollyy. said:
have they done that before? cath trial asked for 2...

off to memorise quotes :argue:
nope

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad

blah, my brian hurts already.. i dont wanna study! especially not the epic-ness that is Dune or Handmaids....*mumble*.....off to study i suppose

DCF

HSC

lol. I remember my story, but every exam i write it i've had to change the crime to fit the quotation or picture stimulus it gives us. But then again the crime is secondary to the detective in my story, and its easy enough to adapt it to the basic plot...

Zarafaraway

HSC
what was the catholic trial question for revenge tragedy? anyone know? just because i've heard they are pretty good at predicting the hsc questions each year and i havent seen it
thanks

HSC

I find english difficult to study at any time, let alone after advanced is done.

jennieTalia

HSC
eaudereema said:
I&S sucked major ass as an elective.

I am like, horrifically unprepared [reference previous spelling for evidence].

The only thing I'm worried about though, is not being worried [?].

!
same same, I'm doing I&S and athough I really love the era and everything... I am SO OVER IT and I really remember nothing about my texts :S
Am right now listening to my notes recorded but nothing stays in my mind.

(Getting very jealous of the 'no more english evaaa' post)

oth16

HSC
Zarafaraway said:
what was the catholic trial question for revenge tragedy? anyone know? just because i've heard they are pretty good at predicting the hsc questions each year and i havent seen it
thanks
creative:
it was an image of a man seeing his eyes through a rear view mirror (he looks sus) driving on a road in like a forest type setting.
and a statement "Physical & cultural environments shape and reflect society's values"

essay
"every age manipulates an established genre in its own ways and for its own purposes"
how accurately does this statement reflect your experience of RT
refer 2 your 2 prescribed txts bla bla

Last edited:

Jsfrulz

HSC

english = death.

mayb they'll be really nice this year and let as bring quotes in on a sheet...

Zarafaraway

HSC
oth16 said:
it was an image of a man seeing his eyes through a rear view mirror (he looks sus) driving on a road in like a forest type setting.
thanks for that - that sounds interesting defs wouldnt work for my creative ughlll (im assuming it was the creative section)
was the essay one pretty general?

Zarafaraway

HSC
oh right u just posted it
thanks!
wow u would be in big trouble if u didnt know your contexts well
:S

Zarafaraway

HSC
that question would work epicly well for revengers tragedy
i guess you could say medea subverts its context
high noon i guess is reflective of the HUAC trials so probs an interesting one cause it conflicts with typical westerns (which i guess subverts the american context)
hmm like that question

jeahsen

HSC
Nope ive been revising english since fkn 1 o'clock

ext math really gave me a good kick up to bum

dont take the hsc lightlly it can really bite you, its worth it to put in every minute

that you can!

back to study!:read:

Muz4PM

HSC
I have been studying epically all day and I have only got about 1/4 of my essay to go.

I hate the HSC. I cannot wait for it to all be over.

jennieTalia

HSC
Muz4PM said:
I have been studying epically all day and I have only got about 1/4 of my essay to go.

I hate the HSC. I cannot wait for it to all be over.
I've been home all day... and have barely studied.
I'm just sick of it -.-

I know my quotes, and about 1 page typed of my story by heart and the rest of it just roughly...
Am hoping (nay, praying) for a reallyyy general question for the essay, and a generous picture that is easily interpreted and translated to my story for the creative.
:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)