Who is going to Macquarie 2021 (1 Viewer)

shaffy33

HSC
Who is going to Macquarie University next year? If you are what course??

quickoats

HSC
Welcome to MQ! What are you studying? Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about uni.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Welcome to Macquarie!

Any questions feel free to post here or in the sub-forum :)

shaffy33

HSC
Welcome to Macquarie!

Any questions feel free to post here or in the sub-forum :)
Hi their I got an ATAR around 70, I am getting 13 Bonus points, 5 for Covid-19, % for living in the area, 3 for completing the Big History Online Course. I really want to do Law at MQ, I have received other early entry offers for other courses though. Should I keep Law as a preference in the UAC website or not?

quickoats

HSC
Hi their I got an ATAR around 70, I am getting 13 Bonus points, 5 for Covid-19, % for living in the area, 3 for completing the Big History Online Course. I really want to do Law at MQ, I have received other early entry offers for other courses though. Should I keep Law as a preference in the UAC website or not?
Keep it as a preference for 2nd and 3rd round offers etc. if you still don’t make it in you can try for an internal transfer

shaffy33

HSC
Keep it as a preference for 2nd and 3rd round offers etc. if you still don’t make it in you can try for an internal transfer
Okay so you do not recommend me keeping it as my first preference

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
If I were in your position @@shaffy33 I would accept one of your early offers, and keep Law as one of your preferences. Realistically the chances of you getting into Macquarie Law are not high and you are much more likely going to have to transfer in.

Pre-Law Pathway (assuming that Macquarie has told you that you are getting 13 bonus points) is an option that you could consider.

shaffy33

HSC
Yeah i already accepted all my early offers but have not enrolled yet, I am waiting for these UAC rounds to pass, yeah I am getting 13 ATAR Bonus points I confirmed it with the Uni.

shaffy33

HSC
I got into Law at WSU but I really want to study it at MQ

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah i already accepted all my early offers but have not enrolled yet, I am waiting for these UAC rounds to pass, yeah I am getting 13 ATAR Bonus points I confirmed it with the Uni.
Use the link (i.e PreLaw link) and you should apply for the PreLaw pathway given you have a "93 ATAR equivalent".

quickoats

HSC
I got into Law at WSU but I really want to study it at MQ
If you want to be a lawyer go with the option that will most likely guarantee that (WSU). You can transfer to MQ after your first year provided you get good marks. This is probably a better plan than doing a non law degree at MQ and taking the risk of not being able to transfer in.

shaffy33

HSC
In order for me to transfer I need a WAM of 70 and complete 80 Credit points (1 years worth of study)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)