who found the 3u paper easy and does NOT do 4u maths (1 Viewer)

lil_miss

HSC
Just curious because there are some people saying it was fairly, "soooooooooo" easy and i jsut wanna know if that's because they're 4u students who are better at interpreting abstract maths...

sooo let me know (and the rest of us "noobs" too) :)

[edit]Just would like to add in that pretending to think its hard won't give you scaling because it the test does scale people, it will be everyone and not those who claim it was hard. useless post imo, but apology if what i said was offensive [/edit]

Last edited:

Trizzay

HSC
yeah a teacher from my school said you really had to think like a 4u student to do that test, and well I think like a 2u student so i got rolled ;D

bonnie04

HSC
Trizzay said:
yeah a teacher from my school said you really had to think like a 4u student to do that test, and well I think like a 2u student so i got rolled ;D
yeah that's exactly what my teacher said to me; and i also think like a 2u student, so i was sadly rolled. :(

dunno04

HSC
who ever said is easy can suck my *beeP*...
IF u say easy and didn't finish it..Ur a *loser*
lol
It is hard

ANd i heard the BOS will consider not to mark it that strict..from the paper today

macoboi

HSC
sif it matters whether they mark it hard or not, as long as every paper is marked to the same standard. yes, raw marks will be lower, but they mean next to nothing.

gamecw

HSC
i got rolled with 1(e), 2unit stuff.. sumtimes i just cant keep my mind simple.. it wud have been easy for me if i cud think like a 2unit student

Last edited:

dunno04

HSC
lol
itz really hard to do it....
BUt u will learn to do it somehow.
xD

Mozric

HSC
I don't do 4U

I wouldn't say it's easy... extension maths is never going to be just 'easy', I doubt there's anyone not 4U who answered every question.

But it was easier than I thought it'd be. There were a lot of 'nice' questions.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I don't do 4U, and I thought I went pretty well.

I mean, probably only around 60% raw (probably lower, maybe 57, 58) but considering that I was expecting to fail like I did the trial I'm really, really happy about that.

Some of the questions that looked hard at first (like 1d and 1e) were actually sort of OK, and I managed to get partial marks for a lot of stuff.

And I got 2 or 3 marks in Q7! I was expecting to be a sobbing wreck by the middle of Q5.

That said, I had a lot of trouble with some of it - the binomial, the simple harmonic motion, the induction, the hard projectiles motion - but I think that was mainly because I didn't really bother studying those.

Overall, I'm happy with the exam. Nowhere near top band material, but it's a lot better than I expected, so I'm happy.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Mozric said:
I don't do 4U

I wouldn't say it's easy... extension maths is never going to be just 'easy', I doubt there's anyone not 4U who answered every question.

But it was easier than I thought it'd be. There were a lot of 'nice' questions.
lol, that's bs.

Easier than you thought it would be? Honestly what were you expecting? I would really like to know. Have you done any other past papers to compare this to? I seriously cant see how anyone could have seen this paper as 'easy'. Maybe to you it was easy, but relatively, as compared to other papers, it was difficult.

rtsk

HSC
N/A
Look the only real problem with it was time. From just about any conceptual view, most of the questions weren't too bad.

That said, time was *really* bad. I had to skip a few marks.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
rtsk said:
Look the only real problem with it was time. From just about any conceptual view, most of the questions weren't too bad.

That said, time was *really* bad. I had to skip a few marks.
well of course.. less time = less time to think = seemingly harder test.
not one paper seemed to take more time to do than this one...

BlackDragon

HSC
bonnie04 said:
yeah that's exactly what my teacher said to me; and i also think like a 2u student, so i was sadly rolled. :(
that's such stupid advice. "think like a 4 unit student". how the hell are you meant to do that if you don't do the subject.

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Hey I am a 4 U student, and I didnt go crazily well. And I am sure there are plenty of people like me. In the end, some people can just do different questions better than others, and then there are those people that can do anything to whatever level they need, aka Haque and other crazy people

haque

HSC
thanx for the compliment Rax, but i think it is as much about how ur feeling on the day as it is ur ability, perhaps u or some other people would have gone better on another day and in a different mood-like for the 4u exam,those questions i felt were nothing compared to the practice i'd done but i still ended up making stupid mistakes and i wasn't feeling too great on the day(more from stress than illness)-like i found some pretty dodgy mistakes i mae later on. however 3 unit should get scaled more than usual-most of the 4u guys from my skool did pretty well(the top five reckon they got full marks but i reckon yip will be the only one who gets it cos we are a bit hazy about some stuff) but a some of the 3 u guys didn't even finish

princess M

HSC
Rax said:
Hey I am a 4 U student, and I didnt go crazily well. And I am sure there are plenty of people like me. In the end, some people can just do different questions better than others, and then there are those people that can do anything to whatever level they need, aka Haque and other crazy people
ye, im a 4u student, and i went crappp. a friend of mine told me today that they are going to take the average mark between ur 3u and 2u or ur 3u and 4u. which sounds like a load of crap. anyone heard that???

hope not.... my 4u wasnt too good.....

powcy

HSC
I thought it was easier than average... but what kind of 3U paper would be "EASY"? ;)

bonnie04

HSC
BlackDragon said:
that's such stupid advice. "think like a 4 unit student". how the hell are you meant to do that if you don't do the subject.
if you read it properley, you would have realised it wasn't advice. our maths teachers said that in order to answer many of the questions, you had to be able to think like a 4 unit student - which is why many of the 3 unit students were rolled.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)