• yeah i finished, plenty time

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • no, no way i can finish this bloody exam

Votes: 75 72.8%

• Total voters

mojako

HSC
nit said:
having 40 mins left is indeed physically possible...it's all about racing through q's 1-5, and leaving enough time to correct the inevitable mistakes :)

So, basically a go through in 1hr 20, then 40 mins of close checking for errors you know occurred...

Some moral support would be appreciated Laurie?? :)
so how can you beat both Laurie and Ivan?
r u sure ur answers are all (or almost all) correct though?

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
Ah right, 1 minute a mark. Sounds fair, but you have to draw a graph, trace a circle...your hand must move pretty fast and be resistant to pain caused by friction between pen and finger. Damn, I think I'd have to take steroids with painkillers to manage that. Well, good on you anyway.

Mojako-I don't know, I read the markers' notes from past years and they made a specific comment about writing in "above/below the horizontal". Meh, question may have been slightly different though.

Also, maths Olympians may not have finished as they didn't really study much you know, maybe they only did one practice trial as opposed to five :D

nit

HSC
I'm fairly sure I lost 1 mark in the whole thing. Apart from that 1 mark, I'm not sure if I lost any others - I checked it and fixed up the silly errors, and my answers seem to correlate to the accepted answers for all the questions, but then again anything can happen in these things, as everyone knows...

btw, what consitutes topping a seubject in the hsc - is it both to do with the exam itself and the assessment mark, because in that case I wouldn't stand a chance, as I'm 2nd in assessments for 3u.

CrashOveride

HSC
nit said:
I'm fairly sure I lost 1 mark in the whole thing. Apart from that 1 mark, I'm not sure if I lost any others - I checked it and fixed up the silly errors, and my answers seem to correlate to the accepted answers for all the questions, but then again anything can happen in these things, as everyone knows...

btw, what consitutes topping a seubject in the hsc - is it both to do with the exam itself and the assessment mark, because in that case I wouldn't stand a chance, as I'm 2nd in assessments for 3u.
It's only the external that counts.

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
Crashoverride you are wrong ( I say that in the nicest possible tone)

nit said:
is it both to do with the exam itself and the assessment mark, because in that case I wouldn't stand a chance, as I'm 2nd in assessments for 3u.
Your HSC mark is an average of your external mark and your internal. Your mark is the mark that the person who came second in the external at your school got. And if you got the highest mark, that would constitute for the internal mark of the person ranked first. Eg, if someone, say Laurie, came first in your internal ranks but second in the external exam at your school, then he would get your external mark and you would his. This said I'm assuming there isn't a great gap between both your internal marks, if there is the BOS does some weird scaling which is unpredictable.

Edit: In summary, don't think it's possible to top the state if you didn't come first. Unless the average (aggregated) mark of the top two people are the same. Unlikely, but you can always live in hope:)

Last edited:

sub

i finished...enough sed... how i go is another matter entirely :(

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
yeah, i finished, but i don't want to know how many stupid mistakes i made.

mojako

HSC
shazzam said:
Crashoverride you are wrong ( I say that in the nicest possible tone)

Your HSC mark is an average of your external mark and your internal. Your mark is the mark that the person who came second in the external at your school got. And if you got the highest mark, that would constitute for the internal mark of the person ranked first. Eg, if someone, say Laurie, came first in your internal ranks but second in the external exam at your school, then he would get your external mark and you would his. This said I'm assuming there isn't a great gap between both your internal marks, if there is the BOS does some weird scaling which is unpredictable.

Edit: In summary, don't think it's possible to top the state if you didn't come first. Unless the average (aggregated) mark of the top two people are the same. Unlikely, but you can always live in hope:)
here is a hypothetical situation:
two people from the same school.

person1 came first in the internal and person2 came second.
person1 also performs best in the HSC external and person2 comes second, from that particular school

the marks for the internal are: person1=98%, person2=94%
the marks for the external are: person1=98%, person2=85%, raw

will person2 be advantaged or disadvantaged in the end??

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i didn't get to do the whole of question 7 coz when i got to it, the supervisors said "10 minutes" and i started freaking out :(
and i forgot to do all those questions i wasn't QUITE sure about in the earlier questions and had left to do when i had time left... damn those easy yet tricky questions!!!

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
mojako said:
the marks for the internal are: person1=98%, person2=94%
the marks for the external are: person1=98%, person2=85%, raw
Person 2 wouldn't really be disadvantaged, so to speak. This hypothetical being would probably get the average of his/her own marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)