Which unis in Sydney offer a Degree in Computer Science? (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
Can you explain why you think this? I want your opinion, not what someone else believes.
I am bias, I go to UNSW lol. I haven't had the uni experience at other unis so I honestly can't say why.

But there seems to be a lot of good comp sci students that go to UNSW, a lot of the top tech companies hire predominantly UNSW students compared to the other unis combined (e.g. Google sydney), CSEsoc is large and very active - they put on a lot of events - especially social ones (I've heard some other unis [not all] have much smaller CSE societies), Richard Buckland lol, UNSW has a good rep for comp sci / software / engineering, lots of students / large uni.

Maybe other people who study comp sci at say USYD or UOW, etc. can input why their uni is good for comp sci. I can obviously only say points about where I study.

-also like I said previously sometimes it comes down to what campus you like best, I like UNSW campus and it's area better than the other unis.

baktiar77

HSC
Can you explain why you think this? I want your opinion, not what someone else believes.
Not that it really matters but from what I gather, UNSW first year start off with C whilst others unis start of with Java. C is more advanatgeous coding language. UNSW has more industry connections and if you can apply for UNSW Co-op, take it. There are many threads on this subforum with the same consensus that UNSW has better lecturers and better course.

Last edited:

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
UNSW is the best uni because the BoSers say so.

"Hey, I want to study a PhD in Aquatic Basket Weaving. What uni is the best?"

"Go to UNSW"

"my brother's friend's cousin's dog studied engineering at UNSW and it was good"

"Cheers guys. I think I'm going to go to UNSW"

And so the vicious cycle continues. Swarms of UNSW drones swarming BoS.

In all seriousness, UNSW does have the best rep for comp sci. Just go to the uni which you think suits you the best. The best uni is different for every person. Don't give a shit about rep. A D average student from the University of Bunyip is going to beat a P average student from the University of Melbourne.
Repped for basket weaving XDXDXDXDXD

parad0xica

HSC
N/A
In all seriousness, UNSW does have the best rep for comp sci. Just go to the uni which you think suits you the best. The best uni is different for every person. Don't give a shit about rep. A D average student from the University of Bunyip is going to beat a P average student from the University of Melbourne.
Lol, what are students learning at UOB? Kappa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)