• Software Developers view of hardware

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • Evolution of programming languages

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters

MarsBarz

HSC
consty_87 said:
What did everyone doing the evolution of programming languages do for that question where you needed a real-world example of using the functional paradigm? I think most of us at my school answered that pretty poorly - it was a bit unexpected. I used the example of solving a magic square in a newspaper through the use of recursion - not exactly the way you'd really do it, but it does work.

I think most of my friends were on about solving maths problems, or something like that.
Yeah lol that question was a bit weak. I also used the example of solving a math problem which would require recursion. I think I talked about trying to solve/estimate irrational numbers like PI or whatever lols. Well I guess it's kind of true, they've got all these big computers to find PI to more and more decimal places don't they? :p

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
I think the usual amounts of option topic goes like 60% hardware 40% evo. meh. Evo is always easy

D43V1L0N3

HSC
hrmmm most people are talking about evo... yet the poll says most people did the other one.. like me

twas good. a couple of them were interesting... i think thats where i lost the most marks on the paper lol!! i can count 3-4marks lost on that one...
loved the logic gate questions =D

Madmang

Macintosh Mainframe
HSC
Arrrgh I spent ages perfecting my IEEE 754 Floating Point skills for essentially no gain whatsoever. I was kind of disappointed because I basically only studied dev. view of the hardware and it was relatively short compared to the rest of the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)