Which Math textbook should I mainly use for studying (1 Viewer)

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
So basically, I got two textbooks for both mathematics and ext 1, which are Fitzpatrick and Cambridge, but I also got the Success One HSC Mathematics Past HSC q one as well.

Nowadays, Ive been using the success one to be more aware of the types of qs in my exams and the HSC

But for just general self-studying and to consolidate a strong foundation in these questions before moving onto HSC qs, should I use Fitz or Cambridge to prepare?

Thank you :D

gazzaboy

HSC
I prefer Cambridge. It covers the content and worked examples with more depth, and also sorts questions by difficulty. However, it is a bit denser than Fitzpatrick and the difficulty of the questions can sometimes be too much, so just make sure you don't get discouraged when you can't do some of the questions later in the exercise (but they are suitable for Extension 2 students)

hehe43

HSC
Use Cambridge primarily, and Fitzpatrick as a backup and additional textbook for when Cambridge isn't good or too hard etc. Instead of success one go to thsconline.github.io and do questions from thr past papers there.

hehe43

HSC
Terry lee is pretty good too
Nah Terry lee is mostly shit. For advanced it's practically useless and for ext 1 it's passable. There's no reason to use it for this case after doing Cambridge and Fitzpatrick. It was very good in old syllabus but now it's not really up to scratch and has poor theory. It's main advantage are the worked solutions after each exercise.

hehe43

HSC
Btw I'd just like to stress the importance of doing past trial questions bc hsc questions are simply not enough, and for adv. and ext. (especially adv) if you do a bunch of trial questions you can pretty much cover 90% of the questions you will encounter in exams.

idkkdi

HSC
iirc 3u lee had a good perms&combs chapter lol. but ye not much point using anything other than Cambridge for 3u and below

hscgirl

HSC
iirc 3u lee had a good perms&combs chapter lol.
rlly?? ive heard the complete opposite, and ive tried terry lee's perms and combs chapter myself and it was WAYYYYYY too hard to be in any exam and basically impossible
i think i spent a whole day just trying to understand how to solve one page of combinatorics questions in lee's textbook 😭

idkkdi

HSC
rlly?? ive heard the complete opposite, and ive tried terry lee's perms and combs chapter myself and it was WAYYYYYY too hard to be in any exam and basically impossible
i think i spent a whole day just trying to understand how to solve one page of combinatorics questions in lee's textbook 😭
depends on the school ig

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)