Whew, that was a rush ^_^ (1 Viewer)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
how on earth have you finished at 10 past 2 when the exam doesn't conclude until 3?

ESPECIALLY with music? (ya know, CD etc.?!)

and before you ask, I do music 2, so i'm just about to head off now. Wish me luck! :)

chepas

HSC
Luck be with you, ujuphleg! I've listened to Antarctica so much now, I am ready to break the CD in half... HALF HOUR TO GO!!!

Last edited:

zac_campbell

music 1 was ok

the music 1 paper was ok. the one with the vocal sounds effects when it first started i was like what the hell but over all the exam was good. 2 exams down 6 to go

Abraxus

HSC
I nearly cracked up in the examination room in the America quesiton because of how out of tune the second variation was, hahahaha.

I got excited in reading time cause the questions were so easy ... and then the excerpts came on and it was like " ...... WTF "

Didn't turn out too bad though, I'm happy with my answers and I couldn't have done them better. Hopefully I do well ;)

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
The exam was as expected. I'm very pleased about not getting any of that Tribal music where I would have to identify layers! I even almost forgot to mention the tempo for duration!

The acapella was pleasant... much more than the dissonant chords of the final theme and variation question.

Once again... more TIME and I could have provided a much better response... I hate the time constraints of HSC exams.

aimstar555

HSC
i think ALL the music for the music 1 paper was really kool, gave me heaps 2 write about. i was waiting for the "contrast" to come in the last question...nearly started laughing myself!
the questions were SOOOOOOO much easier than my trail (independent) paper. i just they can read my writing!
good luck 4 the few weeks. 2 down, 5 to go!!!!!!!!!

VannyB

hey guys....................

well i must say aural is so not my strong point at all.................
i enjoyed all the pieces except for the driving one that was gay......
when i read the first piece was living end i was so excited mind u i had no idea what to write as i didn't study stupidly, i figure i'm a singer i sing i don't tear apart pieces ......... i was still in the english frame of mind for the last question lol i started writing stuff like this piece is indicative of social change n history rah rah nothing at all to do with the piece although i hope i reverted it back to the question somehow oh well 2 down 5 to go..... Good Luck Guys!!!!!

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I hated that exam.
I hate aural theory, it wrecks music

The first 2 questions I had a mind blank and didn't write as much as I normally do
I liked the acapella song the best and answered it the best I think.
Contrast was alright.

aside from that, WE NEVER HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN
so I'm happy

Jenfafa

Music 2

Yeah, music two wasn't too bad...
i thought the bars for the dictation were too small :( but it was alright!
Um, yeah it was harder than our trials, but i'm feeling stacks better about it now!

YaY for music over! :)

HAHA (so she goes to practice.. haha i'm sooo random)

*~j~*

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
yeah it wasnt too bad question one was damn easy, the melody dictation in q 2 went too fast but hey i think i got it and question 3 - its hard to figure out how much they want u 2 write on metre and harmony for 4 marks each. essay wasn't too bad either tho

ReDRiDiNHoOd

Goooood Exam, Apart from the Duration question don't know what happend there.. lol... Last Music Exam Ever... :) Soo Happy that its over..

Aussiechick

HSC
I thought most of it was good, the last question was easy, but I didn't know how to describe what I was hearing in the accapela question, but the rest was fine

amesie

*1st q- Tainted Love by The living end - DURATION...
I was so lucky to have actually remembered that rhythm and tempo actually come under this heading!! Apart from getting stuck with what I heard and what I actually wanted to say, I think I did okay.

*2nd q- Driving by Hans Zimmer - STRUCTURE...
The first few moments were of me pondering where I had seen the name 'Hans Zimmer' before. Infact, I'm going to google it now. He is a composer for a lot of movies.. I mean a LOT (just vist http://www.hanszimmer.info/ to see for yourself!)
I answered this question pretty confidently. I was wrapped when I figured out that it was in rondo form (ABACA), well at least I hope it was. I've never been able to identify the form of an excerpt as quickly as I did today!

*3rd q- Some weird piece some ensemble I don't know! - TONE COLOUR AND HOW IT CREATES INTEREST...
I thought this song was great, and I finally got to quote "The unorthodox use of the instrument [vocals]" unquote! I described the sound sources, and the types of sounds they made and how they were unique etc. And then the how the texture (is this still tone colour?) of how when they create more vowel-like sounds, they are using their vocals to their full extent thus creating a different sound quality, and how when put with the other sounds, creates variety and interest. Come to think of it, DID I mention variety.. Hmm..

*4th q - Variations of America or something!! - CONTRAST
Pretty straight forward. God save the queen! The same motif repeated throughtout 3 sections. I commented on the changes and contrasts in style, key signature (minor and major) etc, and so forth.

Pretty basic paper compared to what we have been doing in class.. I was most impressed, but the time seemed to FLY!!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
damn music aural papers... i'm not supposed to enjoy my exams!
i kept bopping along with the music so i forgot to write lots of stuff :(

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i HATED that structure one! my teacher was telling me afterwards that we would've had to talk about pitch as well, and i felt so stupid after that...

kylie_robbo

My favourate excerpt was the The Idea of North one (the third one - the accapella ensemble)... It is a great piece, especially when you see it performed live!

We had done that one in class in year 11... most of us six recognised it, and so enjoyed it. :)

Yeah.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
are you serious?!
lucky!!!!
my friends had that on cd and they had been practicing with it the week before, so they had an advantage :(

toms

i thought excerpt one was crap...and it went forever!!

The rest were good....especially the last one!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)