When does all the 2021 trial papers become available on thsconline???? (2 Viewers)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
At the moment, when I go to THSC and click on a paper, I get the buttons to view and to close, but not to download... if I view a paper, I still don't get a download button, but can print the paper, though the results are sometimes sub-optimal.

For example, trying the Abbotsleigh 2021 Economics paper... I have the questions and solutions as separate files of 675 kB and 563 kB, respectively. The THSC version has these combined into a single, 45 page document. Print to PDF gives me a file of 5,829 kB if printed in colour and 5,777 kB if printed in black and white. I now notice that there is a download icon next to the printer icon, which does do a download - the downloaded file is 852 kB.

As another example, the Ascham 2005 Biology paper has one landscape orientation page at the end of the document... Printing to PDF shrinks every page so that that landscape page prints with its width reduced to fit on a portrait page width, and similarly shrinks every other page. Again, a download gives the file with the expected / desired output, with the final landscape page rotated and printed portrait.

Is this all just me? Am I doing something stupid?

Any advice / assistance welcomed, and I'd like to record my profound gratitude for all the effort that goes into assembling materials and updating the THSC site.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
At the moment, when I go to THSC and click on a paper, I get the buttons to view and to close, but not to download... if I view a paper, I still don't get a download button, but can print the paper, though the results are sometimes sub-optimal.

For example, trying the Abbotsleigh 2021 Economics paper... I have the questions and solutions as separate files of 675 kB and 563 kB, respectively. The THSC version has these combined into a single, 45 page document. Print to PDF gives me a file of 5,829 kB if printed in colour and 5,777 kB if printed in black and white. I now notice that there is a download icon next to the printer icon, which does do a download - the downloaded file is 852 kB.

As another example, the Ascham 2005 Biology paper has one landscape orientation page at the end of the document... Printing to PDF shrinks every page so that that landscape page prints with its width reduced to fit on a portrait page width, and similarly shrinks every other page. Again, a download gives the file with the expected / desired output, with the final landscape page rotated and printed portrait.

Any advice / assistance welcomed, and I'd like to record my profound gratitude for all the effort that goes into assembling materials and updating the THSC site.
As a workaround please click View and then click Download. This performs the same function as the previous download functionality, but some browsers may not support it (as it is in an iframe)
1633430938633.png

Corrected: 17/10/2021

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC

"As another example, the Ascham 2005 Biology paper has one landscape orientation page at the end of the document... Printing to PDF shrinks every page so that that landscape page prints with its width reduced to fit on a portrait page width, and similarly shrinks every other page. "
yes
"Again, a download gives the file with the expected / desired output, with the final landscape page rotated and printed portrait."
what. How do I rotate the final landscape page? I'm just getting desired output with no landscape page rotated into portrait.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
"As another example, the Ascham 2005 Biology paper has one landscape orientation page at the end of the document... Printing to PDF shrinks every page so that that landscape page prints with its width reduced to fit on a portrait page width, and similarly shrinks every other page. "
yes
"Again, a download gives the file with the expected / desired output, with the final landscape page rotated and printed portrait."
what. How do I rotate the final landscape page? I'm just getting desired output with no landscape page rotated into portrait.
I used the download icon button, next the printer one, shown in dan's post above.

Yusra366

HSC
I went on it but there's no 2021 resources there. Would you be able to send the link please just in case I am on a different website?
Sorry I see there's a few 2021 papers but there isn't any for the subjects I do so that's why I was confused

HSC
I think the trial papers are starting to be released, we have made ours available but only the modified papers for 2021 which reflect the change in exam conditions as a result of the lock down. I haven't seen many other trial papers which have been released to the public yet and am having the same issues with the access.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I went on it but there's no 2021 resources there. Would you be able to send the link please just in case I am on a different website?
Yet to add the sciences - only have 1 paper from 2021 that can be put up. you can probably ask your teacher for commercially produced papers and the like if your school has purchased them.

Most of the humanities are up, I just haven't edited the listing yet for some of the less common subjects.

Have a tonne of lower class Maths papers that I'm hoping to sort through at some point.

Yusra366

HSC
Yet to add the sciences - only have 1 paper from 2021 that can be put up. you can probably ask your teacher for commercially produced papers and the like if your school has purchased them.

Most of the humanities are up, I just haven't edited the listing yet for some of the less common subjects.

Have a tonne of lower class Maths papers that I'm hoping to sort through at some point.
Ah ok yh alright thank you, that would be much appreciated! It was weird because I do Standard English and I pressed on that folder and it only has Advanced English 2021 resources and then Standard Maths, Bio, Business and SOR 2 don't have any 2021 ones.

Jumanah2170

HSC

I have a couple 2021 papers for biology would you like me to send them to you maybe via email

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)