What's the workload at uni? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
With grammar like that, it will be difficult for you.

It's really not bad. I do a double degree and if you just go to lectures, go to tuts and do the homework you'll be sweet. They expect 10 hours of study per 10 unit subject. So, say you had a 2 hour lecture and a 2 hour tutorial, you're expected to put in 6 hours of study which really isn't that much.

That being said, if you have to work/support yourself/clean your own house/buy your own food/cook your own food/expect a social life, it can prove to be quite difficult at times (especially week 5 and exam period)

Also, this semester I'm only doing 3 subjects and it is a dream compared to 4 subjects. An absolute dream... aaaahhhhhhh :)
grammar nazi ....

SORRY im not the best at english.

egotistical much?

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
yep. that's what happens when you do combined degrees, then take an extra year to do honours. By the time it comes to completing the second degree, it can be a struggle. However unfortunately I need the second degree for my career. :p
what are you combining law with and what are you taking honours in?

aznboystar

Honourary Azn
HSC
uni is basically 2 weeks of full on cramming per year. like being on the dole, only ur parents r proud of u (cept if u do arts)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
uni is heaps chilled man except during exam period where it gets a bit hektic and u gotta like study 4 years of content (for med anyways). otherwise, best times of ur lyf.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
ohh so how many assessments are we looking at? 1 per week/fortnight?
It all depends on what degree you're doing. I do biomed and I never get essays or take home assessments. It's all quizzes, tests and exams. I get the odd practical write-up or scientific report (but they're quite simple once you know how to do them).

In terms of other degrees, I have no idea.

tutorsaustblog

HSC
Re: What's the workKoad at uni?

As with anything, you get out it, what you put in. The more you enjoy it, the better you will do at it. No course is easy and all of them require varying degrees of effort. Think about what you would actually enjoy doing rather than picking a course with a lower workload.

Uni is pretty cool though. As with school there are heaps pf extracurricular activities and clubs to join.

han_clare

HSC
university life is pretty good. at some universities for example you get the information for the assignment at the beginning at the semester. at the moment i have 2 weeks where i have 3 assignments/assessments due each week. the workload really varies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)