What the hell was that Yummy Tummy Question???? (1 Viewer)

kristin_scott

HSC
i think i sucked at this question... however, i think i sucked at this entire paper:) but im over already and im just looking to forward to SCHOOLIES!!!! its going to be the most amazing week ever! :) see you all there :)

MaSoDiVa

Not-That-Bright said:
My friend put the writing should be really small because they have small eyes.

hahahaah id like to c wat mark theyll get for that coz he/she do hav a point lol

lolly_161

heya ppls....

for this question....i put for sociocultural thingy - putting bilingual language on package to make it comfortable with consumers.... and not to put anything people in south east asia might find offensive.

and for economic i wrote sum stupid stuff about how yummy has to be careful when selling overseas - whether the public can afford it and whether - with currency fluctuations it will be economically viable to make it and sell it there.

good luck!
LaUrEn
xoxoxo

only 3 exams left for me....WOOHOO!!!!!

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
I said something about packaging and how language and in an implicit way models should be taken into account when marketing the product due to differing social cultural factors.

I then said because they were setting up operations in S.E Asia that the product should be competively priced because of low transportation costs, so it should be affordable.

Thought the exam paper was excellent.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
I talked about Taste and Language

ha, so did I, even though i didnt study that part of the book.i just guessed the two.

after exam ,i check my business book, and i was like holy moly.....

lilems13

tastes - they may not enjoy mango - possible flavour change
language - wont buy if they dont know/cant understand what the hell the thing is

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
for sociocultural i wrote about language and religion (eg if expanding to muslim countries needs to be halal)
i wasnt sure what to write for eco so i talked about the economic cycle and if it was in a boom/upswing people would have more disposable income and spend money on luxury items like ice cream

lilems13

cro_angel said:
f
i wasnt sure what to write for eco so i talked about the economic cycle and if it was in a boom/upswing people would have more disposable income and spend money on luxury items like ice cream
deadset, those are almost the 'exact' words i used for the economic question!

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Ok guys, two things to take notice of with the answers they were looking for.

For the sociocultural, as Acid mentioned they specified suggested changes to the PACKAGING they pictured. It's a "Mango ice cream company" so saying "Asians don't like mango's they should sell a different flavour" might not net you both marks.

For the economic it specified Economic factor which would affect the decision of the Asians buying the product to purchase it.
So for anyone who said something about Exchange rates and repercussions and costs to "Yummy" unless you linked it back to the costs being passed on to the asians and therefore them being less likely to buy it.

Now i'm not saying what i just typed is the be all and end all of what's correct and what's not, i'm just saying it as i saw it.

robaspike

yeah i wrote about language differences on the packaging and then some shit about asians wanting more than 60% fat free...dont think the second one was correct at all was it???

ar5ena1

HSC
yeah thats valid, or not wanting fat free, they may have different notions to western "low fat" ideals

enthral

superbird said:
i said something about disposable income, and whether or not the south-east asian people would be able to afford it etc etc
i agree with you 100%. :) what school do you go to?

woknroll

HSC
i agree with the income thing too, i said many SE Asian cosumers have lower income levels relative to Aus income lvls so i said the business should create a value for money 'positioning' for the product.

I also said they shouldnt print anything on the packaging that could be offensive to the different SE Asian cultures...and that weirdo chick on the packaging was a huge turn off to the ice cream

adrianp

haha with like 30 seconds to go i was flcking through my paper just to check once more i did everything and i saw a big blank on this question and then i full stressed out and im like write anything

anyway i wrote Langague and Taste and if this is right im one lucky barstard cause i was stuck on this question for ages b4 lol

Also for the 6 mark question what did you guys put? i put exchange rates.. i dun remember what it asked now but something like a economic factor influcneing the business i think exchange rates between countries was fine??

Last edited:

choc-chip

HSC
i was pretty sure it was abt packaging

as one of the textbook says:
aisian people tend to flavour in small and bright colour packging...

and da 2nd i went like economic bomming stuffs like dat i know i did it wrong ..
but i did wrote some other crap but crossed out...would dat still count?

choc-chip

HSC
finally remember wat i wrote..

asian tend 2 have a healthy life style..related to the 60% fat free stuffs

blackbunny

HSC
easiest question ever
sociocultural:
languages
tastes
religions
ethics

ecomonic:
economic cycle
globalization

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)