What subject to drop? (1 Viewer)

ebony_17

HSC
Hi y'all, I'm currently in Year 12 and have 14 units at the moment. Yes I know it's crazy and I'm getting to the point now where I really need to start thinking about dropping down to 12 units, so I get some more hours during the week to study. At the moment I'm currently undertaking 4U English, 2U Advanced Math, Modern, Legal, Chem and Art.

I'm pretty much performing at a level playing field across the board in my subjects, except Chemistry and Math. I'm in the process of organising tutoring for both those subjects though.

Right now, I am considering dropping either Chemistry or Visual Arts. At the moment I'm leaning more towards Chemistry purely just because I'm kind of struggling with the concepts. But if I drop Chem than I will pretty much only be doing essays for HSC, bar Math and Eng Ext 2. I'll also have 2 major works as well.

I do want to hang on just a little longer before dropping anything to see how tutoring works out for Chem.

My goal is to achieve a Band 6 in Eng Adv, Ext 1, Modern, Legal, and Art ; Band E4 in Eng Ext 2 ; and high Band 5s for both Math and Chem. I am also hoping to do law after school.

If you have any advice please share, but I will be dropping to 12 units for HSC.

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
I was gonna write on your profile JUST about that!

AuroraXT

HSC
Keep what you think you'll enjoy more. While VA scaling is pretty bad, it doesn't really matter if you do well. That being said, it might be better if you try to do well in maths (since you haven't considered dropping) rather than relying on VA (poor scaling even after band 6) or chemistry (much harder to achieve high band 5/6) as atar comes from your top 10 units.

Suz D

HSC
Hi y'all, I'm currently in Year 12 and have 14 units at the moment. Yes I know it's crazy and I'm getting to the point now where I really need to start thinking about dropping down to 12 units, so I get some more hours during the week to study. At the moment I'm currently undertaking 4U English, 2U Advanced Math, Modern, Legal, Chem and Art.

I'm pretty much performing at a level playing field across the board in my subjects, except Chemistry and Math. I'm in the process of organising tutoring for both those subjects though.

Right now, I am considering dropping either Chemistry or Visual Arts. At the moment I'm leaning more towards Chemistry purely just because I'm kind of struggling with the concepts. But if I drop Chem than I will pretty much only be doing essays for HSC, bar Math and Eng Ext 2. I'll also have 2 major works as well.

I do want to hang on just a little longer before dropping anything to see how tutoring works out for Chem.

My goal is to achieve a Band 6 in Eng Adv, Ext 1, Modern, Legal, and Art ; Band E4 in Eng Ext 2 ; and high Band 5s for both Math and Chem. I am also hoping to do law after school.

If you have any advice please share, but I will be dropping to 12 units for HSC.
I just decided to drop Drama, which was a subject I really enjoyed and was getting good marks in (Band 5). Ultimately, it came down to my mental health. I was doing 2 major projects and was not taking care of my other subjects, so my grades started to decrease. I decided that even though I love drama, my mental health this year needs to come first. So I suggest that you first take into consideration which subject is making you or will make you the most stressed. Also think about grades. You only get to do year 12 once so make it count and don't regret it by doing too much!

ebony_17

HSC
I have decided to drop Chemistry as I really didn't enjoy it and it was just becoming too hard to keep up with its workload. Honestly, I'm glad I've made this decision, feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
I have decided to drop Chemistry as I really didn't enjoy it and it was just becoming too hard to keep up with its workload. Honestly, I'm glad I've made this decision, feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
I approve this choice, I’m stuck with chemistry -.- I hate it as well

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm glad I didn't do any science for my HSC lol.

Did Earth and Environmental Science in year 11 and dropped it.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Fair enough, learning about rocks all day would bore the hell outta me too
I intially picked it because I thought we'd learn about earthquakes a lot, but earthquakes were only a brief part and that's when rocks came in lol.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
I intially picked it because I thought we'd learn about earthquakes a lot, but earthquakes were only a brief part and that's when rocks came in lol.
That’s why you pick Biology instead, I mean minus the cells, genetics, and diseases, Earth is just a bootleg biology

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
That’s why you pick Biology instead, I mean minus the cells, genetics, and diseases, Earth is just a bootleg biology
Earth was really a mix of everything, especially when we were learning about space and the universe etc. Felt like I was in a physics class lol.

But yeah, biology might've been a better option. Oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)