What Raw Mark will be the Band 6 cutoff (1 Viewer)

AlexJB

Unmotivated
HSC
You'll have to get close to 100 :(
Nah in all serious I don't know.

tomm2096

HSC
i was thinking because it was a hard test if everyone goes dogs balls then the mark needed might be lower than 90... eg, in 2004 the band 6 cutoff was 84

tmann

HSC
:dog: personally, im leaning on around 82-84 considering the difficulty compared to other years. but it would be nice to see what other people think. so yeh discuss haha

:skip: :skip: :skip: :skip: :hat: :karate: :hat: :shoot: :argue:

:monkey:

TheFush

HSC
id think about 87 - the multiple choices, short answers and report were relatively easy...but the extended response was the big differential

x_symphonic

HSC
:dog: personally, im leaning on around 82-84 considering the difficulty compared to other years. but it would be nice to see what other people think. so yeh discuss haha

:skip: :skip: :skip: :skip: :hat: :karate: :hat: :shoot: :argue:

:monkey:
I would agree. 82-84 sounds reasonable

bmn

HSC
I would agree. 82-84 sounds reasonable
As much as I'd like that, I don't think it will be lower than 86... Multiple choice was real easy, short answers were quite easy as well... Report wasn't terrible, and most people wouldn't lose 8 marks more than normal on the final one alone... Unless they done Q27.

sickk

HSC
impossible to judge, youd have to know your raw marks, and your raw marks in relation to the entire cohort (16 000) and then you would have to know the formula for aligning and the whole bell curve system.

but seeing as were guessing =]

kenshinx77

HSC
i'd say around 88-90 marks and if lucky around 86 xD
i dont think it was a terribly hard exam... you just probs. made couple of careless mistake at section II and questioning in section III was pretty bad lols

YumLollipop

HSC
I doubt it will be anything lower than 85.
The 2004 exam was harder than this, imo.

My guess is 88.
Difficult to guess, it could be anything, depending on how your and your school performed, in relation to the cohort. Anyone notice the last of stimulus that they normally have in the short answers? Some of the questions were a bit odd? Business is all about justifying your response isn't it?

we0426

Banned
HSC
yeah iam thinking...88 to 90...and they sit the exam similar to 2005 i mean look at the marketing question similar style and multiple choice of 05 was a bit similar ..over and above all the question preetttty gay exam as i said before in the other forumes....i went with the idea of a band six..came out hoping for a band 5 ..and they funnny thing is that i know i did good in my q 28 but shit in short answer..coz my whole school predicted marketing and finance for long response..OOPS SOORY 4 WRITING N ESSAY...lol

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I think that it'll be 89-90. The test wasn't hard. They won't align the test just because they tested topics which a few people in the state didn't bother to focus on. Although the topics were weird and weren't worded to well, they were fairly reasonable questions which an average student could answer.

Freshjiver

HSC
Well, multiple choice wasn't too hard.

Short answer; asking 6 mark and 4 markers for tiny dot points ie the ASX and casual staffing and debt financing (not that small but not very big) - i can't see very many people getting full marks for this section, depending on whether they mark it hard.

Extended responses - difficult in some aspects.

Overall i don't think you could say it was an "easy" test in relation to the previous years; it was harder than average.

Raw mark will have to be lower than 90. I can't see it dropping below like 87 though. So probably like 88.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)