What option topics did you do? (1 Viewer)

What option topics did you do?

• Total voters

Jazzap

HSC
i do sports medicine and improving performance. The 5 mark question for sports medicine "outline the barries of sporting equipment" or whatever..wasnt happy with that. The other questions were fair, but pretty difficult, wasnt all that well prepared for them...oh well! was happy with core 1 and 2 questions though, so thats cool

pigman13

HSC
I did sport and physical activity in australia and sports med. they were quiet hard questions, the sports med ones were a joke.

aurora_05

HSC
I did sports medicine and improving performance. The questions were so shitty that I even looked at the questions for the other options to see if I'd be able to do a better job on them. But...well....I couldn't.
The 5 mark questions for each section werent too bad...but ethics in sports medicine...wtf? I dont remember learning ANYTHING on that. So I'm just hoping that my crappy rambling gets marked better than I think it deserves. And yeah. The improving performance 15 marker was dodgy too. But at least that was *kinda* easier to talk about...

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Sport and Physical Activity in Australian Society = Very good.

Improving Performance = Wasn't real happy with the 15 marker.. I ended up talking not only about training for skill and improvement, but endurance and power - which now, after looking back at the syllabus is not relevent at all. This was the only Q in the exam I didn't like though.

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
i did sports med and improving perf.

the five markers were lovely for each.

ethics of sports med was alright, think i may have made up at bit of stuff but i said everything in the syllabus on it too so thats sweet.

training for skill and improvement, thought at the time i had no idea... but i love it when miracles happen, like when you come home to see "TRAINING FOR SKILL AND IMPROVEMENT" stuck to your wall on bright pink cardboard with three dotpoints that correspond exactly with the waffle i served up to the markers.

wooooooohoooo this is like the best ive ever felt after a pd test. of course it has nothing to do with it being my last. wooooooooooooooooot.

freaked

HSC
The options studied for senior science was Equity in Health and The Health of Young People. I answered the questions for The Health of Young People and Sport and Physical Activity in Australian Society.

We were suppose to study Sports Medicine and Improving Performance but the teacher bloody change their mind.

Last edited:

Picle

HSC
ethics question was bullshit since when have i read that in my papers i was thinking as well about the other questions they looked so much easier

l*y*s*e

The two 5 mk questions in sports med and imp perf were alright but the 15 mk ones were just plain hard! yeah i think they were fair but it doesnt mean that i liked them!

mcbec

HSC
well i did the Health of young people and Improving performance...

whoever else did the health of young people - the 5 mark one was fine but i bet everyone struggled with the 15 mark one! i didnt tho, i'd learnt the whole last focus question off by heart and knew my area (substance abuse) really well, so i linked them easily... took about 5 or 6 pages tho coz theres 9 skills and actions!!

for improving performance, i couldnt remember what to rite for skill and improvement!! so sad and annoyed :(

mcbec

HSC
i remembered them as: CCCSHPNFS

Developing a Sense of Connectedness - developing connectedness with the community, in interpersonal relationships and thru community participation.

Coping Skills - seeing problems in perspective, developing a purpose, rewarding personal success, distancing and disengaging, and developing positive thought habits.

Increasing Acceptance and valuing of Cultural diversity - seeing the advantages of multiculturalims (e.g. new foods, sports and customs), and racial tolerance.

Developing Self-worth - Increasing self-esteem (self-confidence), positive self body-image, and developing efficacy in personal skills.

Developing Health Literacy and accessing skills - through education via a school/home/community interface.

Social Problem solving skills - Arguing constructively, negotiation skills, conflict resolution and developing empathy.

Supportive Networks - recognising the need for support, overcoming barriers to support, seeking support for self and others, and developing a mentor relationship.

Developing a sense of Future - identifying challenges, opportunities, having a sense of purpose and personal action.

Promoting Social Action - Supportive environments, Health services, public policy developments and health promotion.

Thats all of them.... and believe me or not, i memorised it all for the exam, and wen i typed all that i did not refer to any source of help, its all from my head. I think its all right, u can check a textbook if u want...
man it took me forever to talk about all of them in the exam question, but i did it! lol

wwjd_frog14

HSC
i did improving performance and sports medicine....2 me it just seemed like they picked the most obscure parts of the syllabus 2 ask us...like the ethical one in sports medicine...in that syllabus q there r only 2 dot points....

n training for skill n improvement...wat r the 3 dot points...i had a complete mind blank 4 this 1...but i just crapped on 4 4 pages...

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Sports Med and Improving Performance. I found the questions very, very easy.

Ethics was a simple thing, but it required a fair bit of general knowledge that was a little bit off syllabus. I wrote about pain-killing injections in sport and gave examples from the NRL of players causing damage to themselves by playing with injury and injections. I also spoke about drug use for injury recovery (human growth hormone) the use of supplementation (protein supplements) despite the damage that can be caused to the liver. I also spoke about inequities coming as a result of an increased use of sports medicine, that is, the player who can afford to make use of a physio, nutritionist, rehabilitative therapist and thelike will be able to return to play quicker than a socio-economically disadvantaged person.

For the 15 marker for improving performance I don't think I went as well, but I think I still managed alright. As for hypertrophy I think by talking about power and endurance you're doing the right thing. The question was for skill and performance...in order to increase performance, endurance and power comes into it, so I do think that you did well with that. As for the syllabus, there is a part on training for endurance and training for speed and power to improve performance, so you'll be fine with what you talked about. The problem with my response was a lack of concentration on skill...mine was mostly resistance training and conditioning and the different types of training for each sport (Rugby League VS Soccer.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)