What mark would I get? (1 Viewer)

Ivy Mike

HSC
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone could estimate my final scaled/aligned mark. I don't understand the process so I'll try to provide as much information as possible.

Internal raw mark: 94
Internal rank: 1/30

HSC raw mark: 75-80 (This was absolutely horrible, all of my weakest topics were in it plus I hadn't slept for ~30 hours before taking the exam).

I'd guess that the highest HSC mark from my school will be ~83, while the average raw mark would be around 60%.

mimic

HSC
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone could estimate my final scaled/aligned mark. I don't understand the process so I'll try to provide as much information as possible.

Internal raw mark: 94
Internal rank: 1/30

HSC raw mark: 75-80 (This was absolutely horrible, all of my weakest topics were in it plus I hadn't slept for ~30 hours before taking the exam).

I'd guess that the highest HSC mark from my school will be ~83, while the average raw mark would be around 60%.
You might JUST get a band 6.

nephh22

HSC
What do u mean, if ur ranked 1st, ur cohort will have NO affect on ur assessment mark as long as u come 1st in externals, and if u reckon u got about 83 then thats DEFINITELY a Band 6!

Ivy Mike

HSC
You might JUST get a band 6.
Really? That's pretty disappointing considering the effort I put into this subject.

I'd guess that, considering last years cutoff (~80?) that at WORST (75+94)/2 = 84.5 would put me at about 92 or 93 - which is still pretty damn disappointing...

Dylanamali

HSC
Really? That's pretty disappointing considering the effort I put into this subject.

I'd guess that, considering last years cutoff (~80?) that at WORST (75+94)/2 = 84.5 would put me at about 92 or 93 - which is still pretty damn disappointing...
where is the 94 coming from?
Your internal raw mark doesn't count for anything.. its only your rank.

powlmao

Banned
HSC

You internal mark means nothing, it is your ranks.

If the top mark in your school was 80, no one will get a band 6

Ivy Mike

HSC
Everybody who I remember talking to said that your internal mark and your external mark each contribute 50% to your final mark. So if I had, say 75 for my external and 94 for my internal - after scaling, aligning etc. I don't know how the process works - the final mark would be the average of my modified external and internal marks.

ReneeApple

HSC
Everybody who I remember talking to said that your internal mark and your external mark each contribute 50% to your final mark. So if I had, say 75 for my external and 94 for my internal - after scaling, aligning etc. I don't know how the process works - the final mark would be the average of my modified external and internal marks.

Your internal mark DOES contribute to half of your HSC marks. However, every school will receive different marks internally, ie. some teachers mark easily, some mark more harshly, some tests are easier, some are harder.

For this reason it is not your internal mark that counts for anything. It is your internal rank. Your internal mark is based off how your class did in the externals to make it 'fair' across the schools as everyone has sat the same exam.

Basically, the person who is ranked first will be given the highest mark that is achieved in the external exam as their internal mark.

So if the highest external mark was ~83, that ill be the mark you receive as your internal mark.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)