What mark do you think you got? (1 Viewer)

What Do you think you got?

• 100% - i Went for it!

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • >90%, 90 or more...

Votes: 76 29.1%
  • >80% 80 or more

Votes: 84 32.2%
  • >70% 70 or more

Votes: 43 16.5%
  • >60% 60 or more

Votes: 23 8.8%
  • >50% 50 or more

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Less than 50%

Votes: 14 5.4%

• Total voters

t i n a

Did anyone else feel like crap?

Chem was really hard!! For all the people who have always struggled and dont have any idea / care about chemical equations this was the exam from hell. The multiple choice are supposed to be easy and asure dumb people like myself at a 1 in 4 chance of getting at least 15 marks.

To all the people ie. taxman, who are so confident about their results that is great but to all us normal people we can take joy in knowing that we will never have to do anything like that agian!!

CHEM SUX'S FOR EVER »»» peace out!

miss cherry

- ladidaaaa -
HSC
LostAuzzie said:
I will, my best and favourite subject, continuing with it in UNI
Ill miss burning random objects such as pencil cases by filling them with gas :D
hahaha, thats exactly what we used to do in our 'teacher free' periods. xcept we'd get weird chemicals frm the prep room next door n have fun with bunsen burners.
ahhh...chem. yeh i think i'll miss it, evn tho it wasnt my best it was interesting

Last edited:

100percent

HSC
t i n a said:
Chem was really hard!!
my easiest exam by far, english i didn't finish essays properly, ran out of time and i had to rush, mx2 was a disaster, totally stuffed up. mx1 ran out of time and lost atleast a dozen marks.
chem on the other hand, finished 2mins early :)

t i n a said:
The multiple choice are supposed to be easy and asure dumb people like myself at a 1 in 4 chance of getting at least 15 marks.
i'm sure you knew some of them, and the ones that you didn't know you had 1/4 chance.

t i n a said:
we can take joy in knowing that we will never have to do anything like that agian!!
why choose chemistry if you don't like it?

Kd14

HSC
I didn't do well in the MC and struggled on the calculation bits. Hopefully I could get 60 - 70.

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
ahh lucky pplz... got to do something fun in chem *sighs* wish our teacher let us do something fun... all I remember doing that was dangerous and dopey was..... put a flaming magnesium on top of this glass thingy.. hahaha and it popped.. freaked me out cause we were doing prac exam.. that was last yr though *sighs*

hmmz... I won't say too much but hopefully above 80s for me

asimz

HSC
forgot chem of lead acid cathode,

rest was ok except crappy 7 markers; its science not humanities... not meant to be writing mini-essays.

>80 raw.

HSC
Keep in mind, alot of chemistry freaks go on this site, so it tends to bog you down a bit, thinking everyone did well. But that is not the case, it is not a fair representation of how everyone in the state went. Why would the average person even give a crap about telling their marks? LOL. Nonetheless, i'm expecting 80+ definitelly.

gogogadgetbrain

HSC
appropriation of napoleon dynamite for our chemical context:

nerd kid "that was pretty much the easiest test ever made"

normal kid 1 "nerd kid, like anyone can even know that.

normal kid 2 "you know what nerd kid? you can leave!"

nerd kid "you guys are retarded!"

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
lol luv napoleon...
umm yerh exam was ok i think i could have got over 90%.. then again all depending on marking harshness i guess... band 6 pls pls pls pls...... :)

kerry

HSC
N/A
I thought it was BRILLIANT for a chem paper. not death by corrosion as I initially anticipated.

then again, noone can actually know that. so guess we will all find out December 16th!!!

wooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Do the chickens have large talons?

Last edited:

Counterfeit

HSC
100percent said:
anyone going to miss chem?
I WILL

i hate exam aspect, but it was my fin time to spend with the nerds

i will miss the nerds and their antics

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
lol. btw kerry thanx for savin me 3 marks!!! yay 4 viscosity!! and yay for napoleon!!

VQ

HSC
HoA!
CHEMISTRY, I went out the room w. a smile...not 'coz of confidence, but more...because it's chem and I finished it! (I almost detest chem >.< if I dun remember needing it for my uni....tho' not this kind of chem, probably!)...anyway, about 70% maybe?

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
I'm hoping 90+ but I'm not so sure. I don't think most of you guys understand how hard some of the marking is in the hsc...

Touchstone

HSC
Remember, not many people will get 7/7 for their long answers, you may only get 6 out of 7 due to the whole band thing. 1 or 2 marks here and there all add up. So I reckon around half of the people who have put 90% raw will only get about 85%. It's true, the chemistry paper is very harshly marked. I, personally, will most likely get around 80-86%.

Touchstone

HSC
I wish I was one of those people. I think I could do that for physics though, it just seems to be much easier to blitz. I'll have to do some quick revision though, so time to stop bludging! Cya around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)