What is a wordy hsc subject with least amount of extended response (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Original Poster said:
For example bio is a wordy subject, that has a maximum of 9 mark questions. Is there any wordy subjects with less extended response than this, eg. Maximum is a 5 mark question
Yes, there's Information Processes and Technology (IPT), where the highest value for a question is 6 marks.

Here is an example of the type of requirements of a 6-mark IPT question. This is from the 2019 IPT HSC exam, which is the exam I sat:

A producer is developing a multimedia presentation about holiday destinations which will be uploaded to the internet. The presentation will integrate multimedia elements such as images, animation, audio and video.

Recommend and justify appropriate file formats for images, animation, audio and video in this multimedia presentation. (6 marks)

I hope this helps! :D

notme123

HSC
Yes, there's Information Processes and Technology (IPT), where the highest value for a question is 6 marks.

Here is an example of the type of requirements of a 6-mark IPT question. This is from the 2019 IPT HSC exam, which is the exam I sat:

A producer is developing a multimedia presentation about holiday destinations which will be uploaded to the internet. The presentation will integrate multimedia elements such as images, animation, audio and video.

Recommend and justify appropriate file formats for images, animation, audio and video in this multimedia presentation. (6 marks)

ngl i kinda miss ipt it was fun, if it wasnt for the dreaded textbook.

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A

quickoats

HSC
Society and culture also has 15 marker essays. Once upon a time I believe it might have had 12 marker essays.

uniqueusername1

HSC
well just avoid aboriginal studies. I thought that subject was easy but, boy after looking at that 2020 paper there is a shit ton of writing.

uniqueusername1

HSC
On a side note. What subjects have the lowest enrolments for HSC? What do you guys reckon.

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
well just avoid aboriginal studies. I thought that subject was easy but, boy after looking at that 2020 paper there is a shit ton of writing.
This may be counter intuitive but is Aborignal Studies, learning about the past and present of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Maltese Continuers has been officially suspended as an HSC subject due to the fact that the candidature of this course fell below 15 in three consecutive years, as per NESA's policy. 2021 marks the last year in which Maltese Continuers is assessed.

This may be counter intuitive but is Aborignal Studies, learning about the past and present of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders?
The official description for Aboriginal Studies is as follows:

This course provides students with opportunities to learn about Aboriginal Peoples' relationship to the Land, Aboriginal heritage and identity. Through a historical examination of colonialism, racism and prejudice, legislation and policy, students study the course through the lens of national and international indigenous community experiences. Students demonstrate their understanding of research and inquiry methods through the major project.

Based on this description, we can definitely say that this subject involves learning about the past and present of those groups of people. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)