What Indochina question did you do? (1 Viewer)

What question did you choose for Indochina?

• Total voters

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Just wondering what question everyone chose for Indochina, US intervention/villagers or withdrawal/anti-war movements? I chose the anti-war movements...

pig_93

HSC
indochina was good
for A what else did ppl talk about ( u couldnt have poss written about just anti war movements!! )

i talked also about tactics
vietnamisation (of course)
and homefronts

bugs

did anyone talk about the media for the anti war movement Q?
and political concerns? n how policies were dictated by public feeling?

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I talked mostly about the nature of anti-war movements, who supported them, what they did etc., how they influenced political decisions, and how they were influenced by media coverage of the fighting, particularly Tet Offensive.

sevenpuddings

HSC
I was hoping for an Anti-War movement question so I was beyond happy when I read it...
I spoke about who was involved, what generally happened, how the media showing the war influenced the movement, and Tet and My Lai and the Kent State shoting, and how it gained momentum and influenced some of the politics...
i basically threw in anything i thought held any relevance to the Anti-war movements... hopefully its right

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I did the suffering of South Vietnamese/Cambodian villagers caused by US intervention, although I think I talked too much about Cambodia and not enough about Sth V.

aurora_05

HSC
sevenpuddings said:
I spoke about who was involved, what generally happened, how the media showing the war influenced the movement, and Tet and My Lai and the Kent State shoting, and how it gained momentum and influenced some of the politics...
i basically threw in anything i thought held any relevance to the Anti-war movements... hopefully its right
Thats pretty much what I wrote too, cept I also included how/why the US became involved and reasons for their withdrawal, with an evaluation at the end of the contribution of anti-war movements.

stv_87

HSC
anti-war
talked about the movement against cambodia incursion and how that despite arvn being mediocre they accelerated withdrawal thus played a key role
the medias treatment of anti-war with the fresher conflict thingy so that it overwhelmed the country despite still really being minority
-black civil rights and hippies and how that was a humiliating factor for US
-tet offensive as turning point because of coverage and how the us military didnt lose though struggling thus nixon doctrine

jackal8

HSC
i did B. i particularly noticed it said SOUTH vietnam and VILLAGERS ... so i incorporated the following

- bombings
- aid dependent economy
- defoliants/herbecides
- WHAM / s+d missions
- events such as my lai, 1970 invasion of Cambodia

then other factors which affected sufferings

- SV government tactics / strategies (briefly)
- VC tactics / strategeies (briefly)

i thought i might as well put in other factors, because evaluate is 'to determine the value of' and so i weighed it up against other factors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)