what chapter is everyone up to? (1 Viewer)

liz

HSC
Hey just wanted to know what chapter everyone is up to in class on food tech. Also what option topic are you doing? I'm doing Nutrition.

ice_cream

i think i'm supposingly finished with all the core topics...but it doesn't feel that way...
and i'm doing nutrition too...
i heard we have to find articles or whatsoever...
do you have any?
my school did the trials already...but i still feel like nothing's done

liz

HSC
Well we have already finished the first chapter of nutrition in the "food technology in action" textbook. What textbook are you using to study from? I don't know about collecting articles we haven't been told anything about that in my class. Are we going to have to write about it in our exam?? When did you do your trials? Our trials are going to be in week3 and week 4. Food tech in week 4.

ice_cream

if i'm not wrong.....i think i only have 1 more chapter to go...cos we just finished upto chap 18 for our trials....food tech in action...isn't that the only book?
i did my trials on the last 2 weeks or last term..
i'm not really sure about the articles....my teacher seems so lost when it comes to work out of the textbooks....so if your teacher tells you anything..remember to inform me..hehee ;)

liz

HSC
I'll ask my teacher about the articles and will let you know when i find out.
Hey when was your trials? Have you got back the results yet? Was the food tech one hard? Well at school we just finished chapter 17 so we will be starting chapter 18.
what other subjucets you doing?
I do food tech (of course), physics,software design, mathematics and english standard.
I'm dreading the trials.

ice_cream

oh okay...thanx....
my trials...didn't seem that hard...but it seemed long.....cos it was 3hrs...
it had 2 essays....10mcqs....and i think 4 short answers....
haven't got the results back yet...but i think i did alright...cos it was my last exam and i had a day to study for it....plus weekend...
hey..i do physics too....and mathematics...my worst subject...
and i do economics and eng advanced...

liz

HSC
Hey could you send me a copy of your food tech exam when you get it back?

liz

HSC
Also I asked my teacher about the articles and she said we should collect stuff for our own knowlege out of newspapers and magazines on food realted articles. She gave a copy of one article today out to the class and if you want it I'll send it to you. Just let me know if you want it or not next time you reply.

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
I'm just wandering,
Is food tech like a VET course?
and is it like year 7 food tech - where u get to cook food?

ice_cream

yeah sure...at least i'll have an idea of the kind of stuff that we're supposed to look for...
sure..i'll tell you when i get it back...i'll send you a copy if i didn't do too bad on the short answers....hehehe...

willy: no...it's not a vet course and no it's like yr 7 food tech...i haven't cooked for nearly a term...

hey liz...do you think you could help me with my assessment?
it's the 1 on food product development...and i'm supposed to think of a snack food to make...and supposed to be healthy too...ad i'm soooo lost....

liz

HSC
Hey ice_cream did you get the article I sent you? I've never sent a document via email so I was wondering if it worked.
For the assignment our teacher told as we had to devleop our own sauce or dip. So I made a rice based vegi dip. I had to make it at home, package it with correct labelling on the package and then take it to school along with our written work on the dip. Haven't got my assignment back yet so I don't know what I got for it.

ice_cream

hey liz..yup i got your article thanx...but for some reason...i can't read it...
hmm...you only had to do a dip...i have to do a stupid "healthy snack food"
and i thought of egg tarts...but my stupid teacher put me down..
far out....i really think she's biased...she seems to put everything of mine down...

liz

HSC
Well our dip had to be a healthy one, for a serving of two people. It also had to be aimed at the teenage market. Anyway for our assignment our actual documenation was worth alot more than the actually dip itself.

ice_cream

your 1 had certain criteria..mine's like....crap..it's so broad that kind....
what sort of stuff did you put in your written work?
cos i think my written work's worth more than the actual food as well.....

liz

HSC
Well we had a certian critria of what we had to put in our written part. We had to pretend we were a food manfacturing company and that I was the owner. I had to talk about past products our company made, also why our company decided to make a new product. I had to talk about where I was going to obtain my raw materials form, and how regularly our deliveries to my factory would come. I had to talk about machinery that was in my production line. I also had to conduct a swot analysis for my product, identify what packaging i was going to use and why i was using it (eg recylable), I had to research labelling laws and create our own label for the product. I had to talk about what size my company was (eg. multinational) and how big the factory was. I also had to do HACCP analysis and flowchart. Then I had to make a sample survey that I would use as a taste test survey. Lastly we had to talk about a promotional campaign for our product.

Overall I think it was the largest project I ever done.
Our teacher still hasn't given it back yet.

ice_cream

thanx for your suggestions...now i know what i'm supposed to do..
my teacher just gave us this stupid sheet from a textbook..really crap...can i see your sample survey?
if you still have it?

liz

HSC
Haven't got anything back yet.
All I did though was make up a few questions like: 'Did you like the texture of the food?' 'Did the packagine appeal to you?' ect..
Then for each question I gave them several boxes that they could tick with faces above ranging from a sad face to a happy face. Then all the person (who took the survey) would have to do is read the question and tick the box. Eg: if the question was 'did you like the texture?' and you liked it alot you would tick the box under the smiley face.

PS My exam will be in two weeks time. Is there anything that appeared alot in your trials or any tips??:)

ice_cream

in my trials...i had 10 mcqs..they weren't hard..
then i had 4 short answers...
1 on food manufacture
1 on AFI
1 on nutrition
1 on food product development
i stuffed up on the food manufacture and food product development 1s...
there was this question
"a company wants to make ice cream with aboriginal nuts and something else"
and it asked "what sort of development is it?"
and then "what's the target market"

liz

HSC
Any chance you could send me a copy. I know ours will be different because were doing the independant one but just so i could have a practice at exam questions.

My email is: lizzyy_2002@yahoo.com.au

ice_cream

hey liz..i'll try to scan it asap when i get it back..cos my teacher still haven't given it back...what day is it?
next week somewhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)