What are your general thoughts? (1 Viewer)

braddio

HSC
I think it was reasonably easy... i did question 8...section 1 was alright, not the best but alright...
condiserin our class did TWO theory lessons ALL year... and i am NOT joking...but that mainly effected section 1... but private study made me go alright.. hahaha

oh well its FINISHED!!! 4EVA..until uni.. but thats not high school...lol

ss193.02

HSC
300590 said:
Any of ya's trying out for SCA??
because all my art teachers think i am (mainly they want me to) but if we do that degree, I mean reallistically what jobs can you get?? I mean what are the chances of making money in it when really the only wealthy artists are dead?, i mean, i luv art but this degree sorta leaves you with no job opportunities besides the odd artist job (does this exist?), this is why i'm opting for a double degree, what do u's think about this degree????
I've never seen a truer statement (/question)! 'Truer' is a word, right?

i'm seeing if i can do a double degree for Fine Arts and Arts (French/German). Then if i've still got the motivation i'll do an education degree and then i can do something like teach languages while making art at home (until i bump into a successful art career).

As for where i'm applying, i kept on thinking to myself all year "SCA is quite good. Sydney Uni. Yeah i guess that'll be on my preferences list". But then all of a sudden dad (artist >_>) points out that he knows they are too strong (for me) on Concept and hence Technique is valued less. So now i'm only going for COFA

(And i totally agree with dad; i don't want a lack of concept to prevent me from making good art. Ofc it's even better if there was good concept and good technique, but i don't actually come up with many concepts and i'm comfortable drawing mindlessly :) )

shohisha

HSC
300590 said:
that dude was pretty funny, made me really laugh out loud,, heh he he...
Its tru though, damn all those rich kids going to the smart schools who only study all the time!, but, i gues if u put in the work you'll reap the rewards. I've been studying all the time and i bet i wont beat some peeps which is so annoying. I go to a crappy school with hardly anny resources so i tried my best which is all you can do, bt it really dissables u and u really have to just motivate urself and ya capabilities, its hard to stand out of tens of thousands of people but i hope i go good..
because all my art teachers think i am (mainly they want me to) but if we do that degree, I mean reallistically what jobs can you get?? I mean what are the chances of making money in it when really the only wealthy artists are dead?, i mean, i luv art but this degree sorta leaves you with no job opportunities besides the odd artist job (does this exist?), this is why i'm opting for a double degree, what do u's think about this degree????
psssh fuck worrying about those kids, theyll probs end up in loveless marriges with bastard lovechildren, doing a job thay hate and will forever be uninspired by - who needs doctors neway?

and for some reassurance, the creative feild(s) (in repspect to that commercial devil; also known as capitalism) is now considered the most progressive and bankable of careers in our society. it's also been statistically proven that people who have careers doing something they love and are passionate about are significantly more likely to be successful - on that note... who the fuck really needs money anyway, lol...

as for the SCA ref., although COFA's the biggest, sydney's got the better rep i spose (or atleast from what i understand), im just devo sydney doesn't do any double degrees with SCA.

p.s. wtfs with every one doing question 8???

klaratiara

HSC
coz question 8 was the best! easiest to apply to all my artists- i did Ah Xian, Barbara Kruger and Warholl and Gordon Bennet.
and i think question c was the best ive ever seen in my life just because ive met Ah Xian and was studying him for my essay as was i studying barbara Kruger aswell so if i dont get full marks for that question i will never study again.
and with the SCA COFA debate its really hard to choose between them i mean you dont want to go to one and realise the other course was better suited to you. my mum went to SCA and said it was great but that was a while ago and a majority of my friends go to COFA and they say its really great fror them and their artmaking. hmmm.
i guess i wasnt much help then

and that guy who said his mum is head marker is hilarious hahahaah im so sick of super losers bragging about their superior abilities and amazing resources. im at a private school but i dont think it helped me in a way i wouldnt have been helped at a public school coz theyr the same.
im glad people can make jokes like that.

zaqwerty

HSC
klaratiara said:
coz question 8 was the best! easiest to apply to all my artists- i did Ah Xian, Barbara Kruger and Warholl and Gordon Bennet.
and i think question c was the best ive ever seen in my life just because ive met Ah Xian and was studying him for my essay as was i studying barbara Kruger aswell so if i dont get full marks for that question i will never study again.
You must've been stoked when you opened the exam and saw that Ah Xian and Barbara Kruger were in section 1! Lucky...

naughtymanolo

HSC
anarekrap said:
CLEARLY IT WAS A JOKE! wth.....
Im not saying the poster was lying but i acctually did wrte 2 full booklets for section 1 (16 p) and for section 2 i wrote 3 booklets (24p) so i did a total of 40p and in all seriousness i could have written slightly quicker, i rushed through section 1 becuase it was easy and left 60 mins for the essay. If i didnt focus on 'neat' handwritting then i could've wrote plenty more.

naughtymanolo

HSC
did anyone write in question (c) that 'i shop therefore i am' is from the french philospher's study when he stated: 'i think therfore i am' but i couldnt rember the scholars name so it became a squiggle on the page that ended with 't' lol. I put that she was moved from that quote and applied it to her work to highlight the psychi of the the consummerist. Was that right?

sally13579

HSC
300590 said:

i put this course as my last preference out of five with all my other ones at COFA. i've been thinking alot about it because i was having the same issue with not wanting to end up with a useless degree so i opted for digital media at COFA which means you get all the new modern technological skills so you can be an animator or an art director or film producer/maker anything in film really except acting you can also go into sound and lighting and the biggest plus for me was that you can take art electives so i can still do all my drawing painting etc. and PLUS AGAIN you can do overseas exchange programs and stuff because its attached to a university. but p.s i also submitted an application to SCA in case i dont get my 85 UAI and SCA doesnt base it's admissions soley on UAI.

anyway i thought the exams was great i did question ten with barbara kruger and doris salcedo section I b was interesting since i've done little on architecture so i kind of just read it like it was an artwork but includng logic and a basic understanding of design so i guesss we'll just have to wait and seee.

dsruptdSPuNKRaT

HSC
i thought it was relatively easy all in all. we had some disruptions during the exam though (one guy forgot the exam was that day) and they got to me so i ended up writing probably too much (whole book for section one and 11 pages for question 8 section two) because i couldn't really focus. i'd be happy with anything between 35-40/50

JeffreyTse

HSC
Hmmm.... i think i went well in section one. I did question 8 but i ran out of time. the exam was pretty easy in general.

kester89

HSC
Well i did question 8 too. I talked about the evolution of the representation of women in art and how it communicates the changing roles of women in society. I used Titian, Manet, Henry Moore, Cindy Sherman and Annette Bezor. Is that right? I really dont know how i went, i filled the book but to tell you the truth i was more interested in watching those clock hands tick down to 11 oclock so i could get the hell outa there and never look back!!!

emmisue

HSC
i wrote about that quote too, the philosopher one. i 4got his name too, i just said 'a philosopher said' haha. i said the changing of the think to shop represents contextural change and the consumerism of society etc etc.

we didnt study architecture at all, so that question threw me.. i just made crap up. and in the other painting in that section i talked about his obvious italian influences from rennaisance masters n talked about their techniques and chiaroscuro etc. i dunno if it was relevant, but i know so much more about medieval and classical art than modern haha. i should get points for initiative anyway =]

natto33

HSC
hmm, i think that exam wasnt too bad... i didnt study much, but still think i went ok =)

wow did any1 not do question 8??.. well i did question 9.. the subjective one.. i ran outta time though.. had heaps more to write =(

as for section 1, i thought (a) was ok, and (c) was easy.. but i got stuck on (b).. wot did everyone write for that one??

petraawad

HSC
i didnt know much about the first artist in question b but glen murcutt is an architect who makes houses that are site specific to australian climate/wind patterns/ sun light etc so i THINK you had to put stuff about him taking inspiration from the environment to design his buildings making them functional and organic etc. i noticed both pictures had corrugated iron but i had no idea how to connect that to the world... oh well

theres going to be a whole lot of markers reading question 8, i did that one too, does that mean theyll mark harder since theres a broader range of people answering it ?

tastelikespoon!

HSC
it was definatly easyer then my TRIALS.. so i hope i went better.

i was tossing between q.8 and q.10-- but i went with q.10 compare how 2 bodies of work communicate narrative therough symbolism. i think so far im the only 1 that did Q.10... meh

i did this because i was able to do 2 works in details rather then 4.
i used BOSCH>> the Triptych 'The Garden of Earthly Delights'
and KIEFER>> Abandland ' Twilight of the West'.

In section 1 (a)&(c) was ok but i got a little bit stuck on (b)- but i jst blab on the conceptual frame (art work-world)

over all i think i did ok-------------yay no more skool.... woop woop!

joey...

HSC
I loved that exam...well as much as you can love a test!
the very first qn was a bit hmmmm... but the rest were good.
I did qn 8, sounds like the rest of the state did too! no...that means i'm judged along with basically everyone! :mad1:
I only talked about two artists in detail for my essay...what did others do? I hope that will be ok, it was still 11 pages so hopefully...

chinde

HSC
tastelikespoon! said:
i was tossing between q.8 and q.10-- but i went with q.10 compare how 2 bodies of work communicate narrative therough symbolism. i think so far im the only 1 that did Q.10... meh
I did Q10 as well.. i like looked at it and like rejoiced - sweet, sweet symbolism..
i did Frida Kahlo and Artemisia Gentileschi.
do u think 'body of work' could constitute as one artist's many works (well i talked about 2 artworks for each artist..)?
coz 'body of work' threw me off a bit.. like were we supposed to speak only of ONE artwork from each artist..wat do u think people?

the first section i really liked, i like enjoyed it. well except for the first sub-q - the weave crap - im not into that art and i didnt want to bullshit my way thru that crappy q, but i ges i had to..

overall i thought the exam was SUCH a good way to end the freaking hsc - *goes to burn my remaining notes*

klaratiara

HSC
"i think therefore i am" is Rene Descartes and yeah i said that by changing that it was a comment on societies consumerism blah blah blah post modern post modern

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)