What are people at UOW like? (1 Viewer)

lalibertad

HSC
Very multicultural like all campuses. Probably 50% internationals, bulk of which are from China.

Culture-wise (I've studied or taught at 9 unis in the past 6 years), quite laid back. Decent standards but not especially bright students on average (in business anyway). It's classed as a tier 2 uni and that sounds about right. So you'd notice a huge difference compared to going to UNSW, and on the flipside a big difference to Western Sydney.

Generally I found Wollongong a place devoid of people with big ambitions. Quite a small town mentality.

Flop21

HSC
Very multicultural like all campuses. Probably 50% internationals, bulk of which are from China.

Culture-wise (I've studied or taught at 9 unis in the past 6 years), quite laid back. Decent standards but not especially bright students on average (in business anyway). It's classed as a tier 2 uni and that sounds about right. So you'd notice a huge difference compared to going to UNSW, and on the flipside a big difference to Western Sydney.

Generally I found Wollongong a place devoid of people with big ambitions. Quite a small town mentality.
How would you say UOW is different to WSU, and I suppose UNSW?

DLMisme

HSC
I'm going to UOW next year, and so far every person I've encountered at Wollongong has been really nice. I think it's a lovely city, I can't wait to live there. I don't understand why so many people on this thread claim Wollongong is a 'shithole', nowhere is perfect. Wollongong sure as a lot more to offer than where I come from...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)