What answers did you get for multiple choice? (1 Viewer)

Foreshadowed

HSC
The multiple choice was generally okay, but there were two questions I'm a bit iffy about :/

So I'd appreciate feedback.

1)B
2)B
3) Which of the following will lead to the most efficient production of a product?

I couldn't decide between C or D. C (developing a time plan to coordinate all production activities) Okay this sounds viable because you're creating a time and action plan...
D (researching to gain knowledge and experimenting about processes involved) This sounds about right as well because in experimentation and research, you elimate redundant processes right?

In the end I chose D.
4)A
5)D
6)D
7)C
8)C
9)B
10)Designers often create designs that do NOT proceed to production but are used for a different purpose. Examples are concept cars, catwalk fashions, advertising images.

What is the purpose of these designs?
A (to develop future products) I thought this was an appropriate answer because I dunno? Intuition?
B (to redesign their existing range of products) Okay...upon further contemplation I believe B is the correct answer. But I chose A anyway T_T Someone shoot me.

jjo

I'm go murderlise dog!
HSC
I'll shoot you. :)

I got exactly the same answers as you did.

I reckon the multi-choice was the hardest bit of the paper.

I think 3 is D

And q10 is A.

Most innovative products start out as wild concepts.

I really wanted to write my own answer involving benchmarking e.t.c. but meh. A it is....

Hsimpson

HSC
how the fk do u actually remember??

im just glad that piece of shit of a subject is over... it was so stressful coz our teacher was a fkn dope... he told pointless stories evry lesson and put me to sleep instead of actually teaching me design technology... and when it came to study i didnt know what.

Foreshadowed

HSC
uuh lol, no. I actually took the exam paper home, I'm not that much of a freak...

weren't you supposed to take the exam paper anyway?

nicholas.

HSC
1 - B
2 - B
3 - C
4 - A
5 - D
6 - D
7 - C
8 - C
9 - B
10 - C - because how many concept cars get put into production! or clothed on the catwalk end up in a shop!

jjo

I'm go murderlise dog!
HSC
nicholas. said:
1 - B
2 - B
3 - C
4 - A
5 - D
6 - D
7 - C
8 - C
9 - B
10 - C - because how many concept cars get put into production! or clothed on the catwalk end up in a shop!
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i think ALL cars start out as concept cars. Then move to production stage if they get a good response.

blondechic

blondechic
HSC
i got similar answers too

1.b
2.b
3.d
4.a
5.d
6.b - how did u get d? i dont understand how you worked it out haha?
7.c
8.c
9.c
10.a

what questions did people choose for section 3?

clairem1990

HSC
umm i took a lucky guess haha

and i didnt understand it when it said "if the cost were disregarded"

my whole class put d as well so i dunno

jjo

I'm go murderlise dog!
HSC
most of our class chose the "laptops for every child" question

Starscream

HSC
I was the only person who did the laptops question.. how easy was it! it was ridiculous haha during the reading time im just thinking you have got to be kidding lol felt like i was in year 10 again :D so happy

nicholas.

HSC
jjo said:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i think ALL cars start out as concept cars. Then move to production stage if they get a good response.

i think you'd be surprised how many don't get put into production...
and the answer to 6 is D because .... cost is disregarded though when you look at ease of use and aesthetic appeal.. D is easier to use and has the same level of aesthetic appeal

brando13

HSC
hey guys.
im pretty sure question 10 is c.

This is because:
1. i asked my teacher who is a hsc marker
2. the question says designers often create designs that DO NOT proceed to production. therefore to develop future products (a) would be a contradiction.

and does anyone actually know when preselections for powerhouse come out?

Last edited:

Shortie08

HSC
I think 3 is C as it says "PRODUCTION PROCESS" which is the key hint.
A time/Action plan is used throughout the production, whilst the other answer (research) is usually done in the initial stages

nicholas.

HSC
brando13 said:
hey guys.
im pretty sure question 10 is c.

This is because:
1. i asked my teacher who is a hsc marker
2. the question says designers often create designs that DO NOT proceed to production. therefore to develop future products (a) would be a contradiction.

and does anyone actually know when preselections for powerhouse come out?
omg cheers brando...
ive been looking for some reassurance... everyone was like.. "Nah mate... its A for q.10 your idiot!"

i imagine the powerhouse nominations will come out within the next 2 weeks...

muffin55

Banned
HSC
i got similar answers too

1.a
2.b
3.d
4.a
5.d
6.d - because you take disregard cost, so in (d) the ease of use is higher and the aesthetics is the same level as product B - so D is better
7.c
8.c
9.c i think, but can't remember what i put
10.a -i was stuck between (a) and (c) but ended up choosing a cos i thought it was the most correct

And they would probably let the powerhouse nominations out after the hsc and when they have the marks and stuff to compare...

Do you get told if you got a nomination, but not actually get in??

iona

HSC
yeah nicholas i got exactly the same answers as you and agree about the whole concept cars/catwalk fashions question!

the question i actually had trouble with was 4- i wasn't sure if there is such thing as a provisional patent, and i got confused by the word YOUR, because if it were MY design innovation, i would probably go for the simplest legal measure, which seems to be a 'provisional patent', whatever that is.

anyway i changed it to A, obtaining a design patent, at the last minute!

AAM

HSC
1 B
2 B
3 D
4 C
5 D
6 D
7 C
8 D (But its C, shit question)
9 A
10 C

Right?

rmikha

HSC
N/A
hey

hey if it isnt too much trouble

could someone write out question 8,9,10

thankss :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)