what about that stupid 8marker..FAR OUT~!!! (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Looks like an interesting question! It sounded like one of those critical thinking questions where you can't really have a prepared answer :)

TomD_425

The Don
HSC
i thought the question was alright i wrote a page an think i covered it all, i hope but yer i think the whole paper was not hard nor easy about 2 or 3 questions i just sat the an thought WTF! an just figured it out after a couple of minutes. but i think the easiest part of the friggin test was the multipule choice that was so friggin easy

maniche

HSC
hey, i reckon that question was alright, like it was more common knowledge then applying suff tha u had to memorise.
i wrote how basically the changing structure mean that previous vaccinations would be useless, as the immune response does not have a memory and if this was to occur, then the governmnet would be using millions of dollars on contious develpment of vaccines, this means that
1-the fight against the disease woudl be ineffective
2-the cost would cause it to be econimcally unviable, hence this means that the econmoy wud suffer certain shortfalls-the standard of living wud be redcued, as a results so does the standard of living, hence the health of humans would be frther reduced.
and if the influenza virus was to reach recombinat capabalities off that like AIDS (a recombinat rate of 9000 to the poer of 4) it would mean that humans wud have to take hundered of vaccinations, this is techinally impossible.
i wrote more but cant be bothered writing the rest.
Cyas

mrnokson

im pretty sure
you had to go into depth about the immune responce.. the stimulation of b cell to create specific antibodies and whatever... then from that go onto describe why t memory cells would not recoginze changing antigens such as the influenza virus and teh effects it would have upon the bodies effeiency for an effective immune respocne

<<White Ghost>>

Professional Gigolo
HSC
Geez i hated this question. But guys i think overall, don't you think this was one of the few HSC tests you walked out of thinking: " That honestly wasn't that bad. I could do well in this". . . . it was for me and bio isn't one of my best subjects, shall we say lol

frootloop

HSC
I talked about mutations, natural selection, vaccines, antibiotics (there are anti-vrial antibiotics. Our teacher told us so and she used to be a HSC marker), T and B memory cells and antibodies, antigens...

I sort of defined each bit and made links back to health.

I figure that if a part isn't relevant then the marker will ignore it and keep on reading anyway. So it's not 'wasted' time and energy as such. Just 'insurance' for myself. I feel as though I've covered everything I could've possibly covered and I feel 'safer.' Some may question my method of tackling this question but I don't really care what they think.

I'm sure everyone did a decent job answering it and that will be reflected in our marks. :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Woops, forgot that antibiotics don't work on a virus. The girl who topped Bio said she could've done it in 3 lines--it wasn't worth 8 marks. I didn't think it was either, so I crapped along about everything possible.

Debs

HSC
penciltron said:
i started off by saying that the immune stystem wud have recognised specific antigens of the virus eg antibodies recognise antigens, memory T and B cells recognise specific antigens
then i sed after infection is passed the memory t and b's have receptors 4 the specific antigens so if the same disease is encountered it is able 2 fight it with the right antibody and so the response prevents the disease from giving symtpoms and this gives immunity
then i sed but since the antigens mutate, the second infection wud be the same as first coz the cells wud recognise it as foreign
then i sed this means u cant get natural immunity
after that i sed vaccines cant be used as well same shit
so it was obviously negative impact on health etc.
i hope i get about 6 marks for it, its so hard to know wat to write for 8 markers..jeez
oh well
did anyone else write similar stufff.. I thought it was pretty tough question.
yea i think well get exactly the same mark! haha coz thats the same as what i wrote... as well as the effect on humans.. like kids and elderly patients more likely to did and stuff... due to the lack of being able to aquire immunity
meh its over! haha but gay 8mark question!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)