what about that stupid 8marker..FAR OUT~!!! (1 Viewer)

Steven88

HSC
N/A
what about that question ... man what the hell...the anitgens...what did you write?...i said something about that the body wont reconise it as a anitgen and infect the body....

HSC
lol, i said something about the body not recognising these new antigens and so they cannot reactivate memory Bcells from the previous virus... something about no vaccine for this new mutated virus, possibility of widespread deathand illness, antibiotics and current cures/treatments not working for it... i got most of my ideas from the bird flu crisis. i have no idea if what i wrote was correct though.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
I wrote something about it gaining resistance, leading scientists to develop new medicine to combat them... shit like that... I don't know, just made it up ^^''

spackness

HSC
yeh i wrote about the same thing with the T and B cells and the vaccines and how new ones have to kepp being produced each year. Then i tied it all back by saying it costs more and impacts on human health as the non stimulation of the memory cells results in the virus showing symptoms impairing the health and wellbeing of individuals. Hope its right otherwise...aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

kyu_chan

HSC
spackness said:
yeh i wrote about the same thing with the T and B cells and the vaccines and how new ones have to kepp being produced each year. Then i tied it all back by saying it costs more and impacts on human health as the non stimulation of the memory cells results in the virus showing symptoms impairing the health and wellbeing of individuals. Hope its right otherwise...aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
Oh God, I forgot about the cost and T and B memory cells >_< God, I screwed the question!!!!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
new vaccines need to be made everytime there's a new outbreak
ummm
and memory bcells wont recognise. they were my main points

SmileyCam

HSC
melimoo said:
new vaccines need to be made everytime there's a new outbreak
ummm
and memory bcells wont recognise. they were my main points
aren't they memory T-cells?

console

first u had to say wat a mutation was, an example then wat a virus was (influenza) then u had to say happens when it enters de blood stream there is an immune response cos it is an antigen and (unvaccinated) it duplicates it self amongst host cells.....and finally u had to talk about preventing it i fink...vaccinatations, antibiotic etc....

falltopieces

HSC
kyu_chan said:
I wrote something about it gaining resistance, leading scientists to develop new medicine to combat them... shit like that... I don't know, just made it up ^^''

Yeah I wrote something like that too + the prevention + control + antibiotics + advantage of the ability to mutate for the virus ( they can have greater survival and reproduction rates + it reduces the competition with other members of the virus species etc... -_-). I'm kinda lost...

penciltron

HSC
i started off by saying that the immune stystem wud have recognised specific antigens of the virus eg antibodies recognise antigens, memory T and B cells recognise specific antigens
then i sed after infection is passed the memory t and b's have receptors 4 the specific antigens so if the same disease is encountered it is able 2 fight it with the right antibody and so the response prevents the disease from giving symtpoms and this gives immunity
then i sed but since the antigens mutate, the second infection wud be the same as first coz the cells wud recognise it as foreign
then i sed this means u cant get natural immunity
after that i sed vaccines cant be used as well same shit
so it was obviously negative impact on health etc.
i hope i get about 6 marks for it, its so hard to know wat to write for 8 markers..jeez
oh well
did anyone else write similar stufff.. I thought it was pretty tough question.

kyu_chan

HSC
Yeah I wrote something like that too + the prevention + control + antibiotics + advantage of the ability to mutate for the virus ( they can have greater survival and reproduction rates + it reduces the competition with other members of the virus species etc... -_-). I'm kinda lost...
Whoa, very similar to mine!! ^^
My dad was telling me about this last night. Whattacoinkidink.
Wow, cool ^^
And I was telling my whole family about it (and they were so sick of it by the end ^^'')

Penciltron, yours sound pretty correct ^^

*ccs*

i wrote that the rate of mutation is faster that the production of effective vaccines, so vaccines did nothing much to the new strains....something like that :)

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
kyu_chan said:
if you actually wrote "gaining resistance" then u didn't answer the question properly. I don't actually know what the question was/is, but nothing "gains resistance," is survival of the fittest remember, which means that the ones that are BORN resistant survive, breed and produce offspring that are resistant, resulting in a resistant population.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
i was just replying to what he/she said. i dnt actually know the question.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
queenie said:
i was just replying to what he/she said. i dnt actually know the question.
And if i was replying to you then I would use quotes.

:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)