Wesley or St Andrews USYD colleges (1 Viewer)

mackenzie.osbourne

HSC
Hi!! If anyone knows anything about wesley or andrews or has an opinion?
I have an offer to both and have to accept one and decline the other by Monday.
I am from a co-ed private school in rural NSW and love sport and academics. Just torn at which to choose. My best friends is going to Wesley, not sure if to go with or branch out.
I had a tour around both and Wesley seemed much nicer rooms and facilities but Andrews had heaps of students around that were really nice and fun.
Any ideas anyone???

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I think that it is always nice to have someone that you know present with you in new places/environments as this can make such a transition less daunting and potentially give you a better experience as you continue to settle in. If you consider that having someone you already know beside you is essential in terms of giving you some sort of a headstart, then perhaps Wesley College would be more suitable from this perspective.

Another thing to note regarding Wesley College is the accommodation and facilities themselves, which you seem to be more impressed by than those of St Andrew's College. An extended period of stay would call for better facilities (likely contributing to a better overall experience), which is another area where Wesley College seems to have the edge.

The social life aspect of St Andrew's College appears to be more promising. If you feel that this is a priority, then you should probably choose St Andrew's College. In such a case, you need to remember that your best friends will not be with you and that you may have turned down superior accommodation and facilities. You should then consider whether such factors outweigh the social life aspect of St Andrew's College.

Lastly, both colleges seem to offer a range of scholarships relating to both sports and academics, making them comparable under this category. Based on this, if a scholarship is important to you, then it may be a sign of relief that you will possibly not go wrong with either college.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)