Well Is It What U Expected? (1 Viewer)

Mann0

HSC
for the first source talking about cultral frame
i out shit about how it was the womans role in society to be a mother therefore thats why she painted what she did
you had to talk about steriotypical gender roles and also how women were involved in early modernism
BOOOYA!

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
Mann0 said:
for the first source talking about cultral frame
i out shit about how it was the womans role in society to be a mother therefore thats why she painted what she did
you had to talk about steriotypical gender roles and also how women were involved in early modernism
BOOOYA!
Yay! I kinda wrote about stuff like that, so I'm not totally doomed afterall. :p

pokedoll

HSC
Question A; I found was much easier than trials and other past papers - hopefully picked up marks there. Robert Klippel question was okay, borrowed a book from the artroom on him before, thus was vaguely familiar with his work.
The Spiral Jetty question (the question wording was a little weird or was it just me?) I just rambled pretty much about how it was site-specific installation, development of technology affecting artist's practice etc.
The work reminded me of a work 'Surrounded Islands' by Christo where he wrapped these islands in bright pink plastic

Section 3 - all the essay questions were horrible, it was a toss up between 3 and 9 (I think?) I did 3 and thought I did alright. Tried to equally discuss imagination and experience how they shaped art practice, not sure I wrote enough.

LAST EXAM!!!! BOOYEAH!?!!

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I was a bit intimidated by section 1 because the questions weren't as straightforward as they usually are... Hard to explain it but I wasn't really comfortable with it until I started writing, then it was ok:)

I did question 9 for the essay. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Twas my last sexam!!!!! :D

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
Section 1 was awkward, I think. I can't remember what I said about the first one, but I said something about the Spiral Jetty being subject to the nature of the environment around it and the photograph being able to preserve it or some crap... I failed that one, methinks. And the Klippel one I just rambled on about whatever.

I liked Section 2, but that was only because it was so much like my Trials essay I almost laughed. Hurrah!

And ZOMG hihi RITCHIE. *glomps the Dragons fan*

broady

w3rd
HSC
pokedoll said:
Question A; I found was much easier than trials and other past papers - hopefully picked up marks there. Robert Klippel question was okay, borrowed a book from the artroom on him before, thus was vaguely familiar with his work.
The Spiral Jetty question (the question wording was a little weird or was it just me?) I just rambled pretty much about how it was site-specific installation, development of technology affecting artist's practice etc.
The work reminded me of a work 'Surrounded Islands' by Christo where he wrapped these islands in bright pink plastic

Section 3 - all the essay questions were horrible, it was a toss up between 3 and 9 (I think?) I did 3 and thought I did alright. Tried to equally discuss imagination and experience how they shaped art practice, not sure I wrote enough.

LAST EXAM!!!! BOOYEAH!?!!
(b) wasn't practice, it was conceptual (artwork/audience)

DudeLEB0WSKI24

HSC
Visual arts was okay. It was only the spiral jetty question that got me. I pretty much wrote everything I could fathom regarding the agencies. Klippel was easy, because he is our art teachers favorite; which of course meant we studied him in depth.
And i agree with you guys, the essay questions were complete crap. My entire research was about how societal factors (the framework) influence artworks. So I ended up doing question 5. Im confident.
ps. When i came out I was notified that my body of work (and another mates') was selected for art express. And someone here earlier mentioned that only postmodern works get in and paintings wouldnt. Well i guess thats wrong?, because i did oil paintings in the abstract impressionist style. ala de kooning.

Did anyone else on these boards get in? What did u do?

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Hey everyone
2005-er here.
Did ok in art last year, well quite well actually.
I thought I ripped the exam and turns out i probably did. Anyways, just to let you know, that if you DO NOT get into art express do not despair. You can obtain 50/50 for your major work and not get nominated/in. The only positive from art express nomination is that you can safely assume u did get a good mark - opposed to not getting nominated - it is just assurance but not getting it is not a hinderance.

Good luck everyone when results come around.

joe1016

HSC
you know what was awesome about that exam (apart from the fact that it was my last one) was the fact that we had studied that robert smithson one in class. that exact one!

what a relief going into it and opening the paper to see that.

it calmed my nerves. i didnt get into art expres (a little sad but i wil survive) but 20% of my art class did, 6 ppl out of 30 were nominated - who says the public system doesnt get into art express!!!!

i was devastated that i didnt, i got the equal highest internal assessment for practical (50/50), but oh well, such is life. it's only jsut beginning too...schoolies here i come!

i did Q3 for the essay too.

i really thought this exam was quite fair.....but i had studied one of the artworks already!

hyundai

HSC
ye, i thought the first part was confusing, didnt no wat 2 rite, but it turned out ok, frida khalos the easiest to rite about, but ye whos paintings they pic, to get into art express, suks.:mad1:

em jayne

HSC
i thought it was a joke. a total and utter waste of time. art was supposed to be simple! section1...was absolutely ridiculous! a and b were the worst questions i have ever seen in my whole entire life...c was ok. the essays were disgusting...i ended up doing question 8 and doing a pretty good job, but still! it was dreadful! but hey, *dusts hands and poors kerosene all over art notes*
WE ALL FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nadzi

HSC
yeah thought cultural question was easy.........i didnt like that spiral jetty question kind of threw me .....but i waffled on about some crap with nature and photogrphy........the robert klippel....(if thats hw u spell it).....yeah that was ok.....typical artist practise, i did essay question 8 thought essay was pretty good.
thought exam was probably a bit easier compared to catholic trial........only 1 person out of 40 who do art at my school got nominated for art express.........

Last exam.....HSC is Ova wooooohhhhoooooo

freedom is mine at last................:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)