Visual art essay year 11 (1 Viewer)

kta

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
can someone please help me understand this

“Some of the most fascinating portraits are those that offer the viewer an emotional or psychological insight into their subject.”

Provide a definition of portraiture and refer to a quote regarding the nature of portraiture.
how do i refer to the quote regarding the nature of portraiture?? i just don't know how to start it.
can someone please please help?
thanks in advance

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It seems that you are required to develop an essay by treating a quote regarding the nature of portraiture (which, given the information that you have provided, seems like it can be a quote of your choice), as the basis of your response. Perhaps you could begin your essay by writing something like this:

“Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter. The sitter is merely the accident, the occasion. It is not he who is revealed by the painter; it is rather the painter who, on the coloured canvas, reveals himself.” Portraiture refers to the art of painting or taking portraits.

By stating the above, you will have provided a definition of portraiture (as a Visual Arts student, you may be able to provide a more comprehensive definition of portraiture than the one that I provided) and referred to a quote regarding the nature of portraiture. Subsequently, you will be able to further craft your response, which may involve somehow linking the quote regarding the nature of portraiture to the apparent, stimulus-like quote.

I hope this helps! :D

kta

HSC
N/A
It seems that you are required to develop an essay by treating a quote regarding the nature of portraiture (which, given the information that you have provided, seems like it can be a quote of your choice), as the basis of your response. Perhaps you could begin your essay by writing something like this:

“Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter. The sitter is merely the accident, the occasion. It is not he who is revealed by the painter; it is rather the painter who, on the coloured canvas, reveals himself.” Portraiture refers to the art of painting or taking portraits.

By stating the above, you will have provided a definition of portraiture (as a Visual Arts student, you may be able to provide a more comprehensive definition of portraiture than the one that I provided) and referred to a quote regarding the nature of portraiture. Subsequently, you will be able to further craft your response, which may involve somehow linking the quote regarding the nature of portraiture to the apparent, stimulus-like quote.

I hope this helps! :D
Thank you so so much. That helps a lot. Thanks again 👍🏻😁

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)