Usa 1919-1941 (1 Viewer)

yeow333

HSC
ANyone else do this ? howd you find the questions? What Q you do , what'd you chuck in your answer ? etc etc

yellow_sub

HSC
i did the government intervention during the depression, just coz id studied the new deal so friggin much and knew nothing about consumerism. i found the question brilliant, you could do anything. i had a few differeing viewpoints on the new deal and hoovers policies, as well as people who stated bluntly that it was WWII that ended the depression.
so it was easy to apply knowledge to and easy to apply a little historiographical stuffs to.

did you also do Hoover? i hated trying to shape the personality question to Hoover. i ended up repeating myself so much over the two questions. There was no real way to apply the egomanical side of hoover to the question which was a bit crap.

yeow333

HSC
nah i didnt do hoover as a personality. i did govt intervention as well , how much u write on it?

tripperx

HSC
I agree with Yellow Sub, while doing Hoover u had to practically write the same for both questions, im so screwed

bethdocker85

HSC
Yeah I did the government intervention question. I was so happy it was there cause it meant I could pretty much repeat my essay on Hoover/FDR/New Deal which I got full marks for for trials.

I basically talked about a contrast between Hoover and FDR's policies, the New Deal social implications etc and like reactions by different groups in society (and linking to an evaluation of the impact/effect of govt intervention)

I was pretty happy with that section.

Hahah luckily I didn't do Hoover for personality, sounds like it was hard for you guys!

neada

HSC
definitely govt. intervention- discussed the ineffectiveness of conservative govt in tackling the issues of the depression (hoover) and the success as well as limitations of the new deal (failure to acknowledge the welfare of afro-americans and the rural population etc)

i thought that was on of the best questions in the exam.

Enduro

HSC
Did the new deal one(governmental policies). Easy as new deal is nearly in every exam paper for the last three years. Band 6 if I get more then 18 for my last essay which I ran out of time for.

yellow_sub

HSC
yer, im pretty sure ive done a new deal question for half yearlies, trials and these now. so easy to just rattle off now.
i filled up a booklet, which was plenty to put in hoover/fdr/new deal & opposition to & assesment of etc etc. + a little coda on how the war was the real conclusion to the depression.

despite acing that question, i reckon j edgar hoover is going to let me down. i basically argued (for 13b) that hoovers policies shaped american society (very poorly) and how hoover representation of himself altered the publics perception of him+FBI+therefore the government encouraging conservatism and anti-communism blah blah all very crap coz i didnt know what i was saying

for 13 a i think i just reguritated his life and how his rise to prominance eventually affected american society.

i basically ended on the same conclusion for both of them, and also only filled about 6 pages with both. rather poor effort after memorising the syllabus stuff. gahh

but hey its all over now.

davzilla60

HSC
I guess I'm the only one that attempted the consumerism question, i could do the government intervention, but I answered the first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)