USA 1898-1941 or Conflict in the Pacific (1 Viewer)

iceman_leith

Sydney University Rep
I can be found wondering the streets or the alley
HSC
First of all how bullshit was the USA question on conservatism (especially when you forget that you've done an assessment on the other question but can't remember any of it)
and secondly what is with that Nationalism, you cannot tell me that anyone who answered that question did not bullshit in their answer at all.

A not so happy modern-history student :vcross:

Vuki

HSC
Conservatism is so godamn easy to track in the period :)

Immigration Restriction
Racism
Red Scare/Sacco-Vanzetti
Prohibition
New Deal

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
I think youre reffering to the Conflict in the pacific with the Nationalism one, and I chose that one. Yeah I bullshitted, but it was like linking a concept to events and to causation which was a lot easier than trying to account for a heap of ethical dilemma's in the A-Bomb. Like I thought that question was almost a bit wrong to put in an exam, that the Japanese were essentially responsible for the use of the A-Bomb.

Nationalism wasnt too bad, I studied Meiji last year so I knew about the roots of it all, I.E the Bushido code, and then there was like the banning of Western influences, the racial superiority evidenced in the differing treatments of differnt ethnic groups, the U.S imposed oil sanction which was a blow to the Japanese pride, The divinity of the emperor which made the Japanese believe they were destined to victory and the Greater East Asia Co Prosperity scheme. I think it all culminated in their arrogance believing that they could take America out of the war for 2 years and dictate a peace to them by the attack on Pearl Harbor. However, it was the failure of this plan which saw the outbreak of war with the U.S and the struggle to defend territories they had hardly consolidated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)