UNSW Medicine (1 Viewer)

black.mamba

HSC
@black.mamba, you are the 2nd person i know who got into medicine at Usyd with 99.9 (the other person is Hunter from Hurlstone). So Usyd does not require students to have 99.95 anymore? I also know a few students failing to get in with 99.95 as well.
no, we got in thru e12 (there are 8-10 spots this year that went to e12) which lowers the atar cutoff to 99.50

for non e12, the cutoff remains 99.95

s97127

HSC
family circumstances during hsc year
i thought you were from rural area like Hunter. He is from Taree. Non 12e is so competitive. Alex from JR last year could not make it in. I know an overseas student who got in thru non 12e. She has perfect profile: A* in all A-level subjects, ACT 36/36, IB 45/45. Gold medal in UK Math and Chemistry olympiad and Bronze medal in Bio olympiad.

idkkdi

HSC
i thought you were from rural area like Hunter. He is from Taree. Non 12e is so competitive. Alex from JR last year could not make it in. I know an overseas student who got in thru non 12e. She has perfect profile: A* in all A-level subjects, ACT 36/36, IB 45/45. Gold medal in UK Math and Chemistry olympiad and Bronze medal in Bio olympiad.
wtf r u doing bruh. y do u know all this

black.mamba

HSC
btw Alex made it but he chose wsu over usyd

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Ghetto areas = leaniency
Rich areas = not so leanient
Applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds might get to an interview even if their marks alone aren’t as competitive, but interview panels have to evaluate whether they’re likely to be able to complete the degree and be suitable for a medical career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)