Unsw: Bios1201 (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Any comments, questions and confusion can be posted here. I'll start!

GRRR @ photosynthesis and respiration. Why oh why is it so long and complex :'(

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by babydoll_
GRRR @ photosynthesis and respiration. Why oh why is it so long and complex :'(
lol, we did fermentation and cellular respiration 2 weeks ago at my uni, it was utterly confusing (due to a zillion mistakes in the lab notes, demonstrators not knowing what they were doing, etc). we did photosynthesis last week, it wasnt as bad.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeah but did you have to remember all this stuff about ATP, NADPH, acetyl CoA, Krebs cycle, Calvin cycle etc?

what textbook do you use at Newy btw?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by babydoll_
yeah but did you have to remember all this stuff about ATP, NADPH, acetyl CoA, Krebs cycle, Calvin cycle etc?

what textbook do you use at Newy btw?
yup.
my bio uses Knox et al
the other bio (pretty much the same course) uses some Raven persons.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
oh we use Campbell Biology, it owns. 1000+ of sweet biology love.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah, knox is pretty good, its like 12xx if you count the glossary and index and stuff.
hey, have you guys done any Hardy Weinberg yet? what do you reckon "comment on the speed of response to the selection against a dominant vs against a recessive allele" means?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
nope, sorry

we've been through cell organelles and their functions, enzymes, photosynthesis, respiration and membranes

basically this:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
well they look pretty similar, i guess all 1st year biology students do the same thing. we'll probably cover your genetics stuff in a couple of weeks... so i'll come back to you :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
:'(
i wd'ed bio!!!!!!!!!

now i regret it!!!! they r doing sooooooooooo cool things!!! MICROBIOLOGY!!!! *sobz sobz

we were talkin ecosystem the first few lectures... then the lecturer.... ARGH!!! lemme nto talk abt her... >.< ' she made me drop bio, cuz she's way too boring =(

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by xiao1985
now i regret it!!!! they r doing sooooooooooo cool things!!! MICROBIOLOGY!!!! *sobz sobz
lol micro's pretty cool....apart from when random guys stick their tongue down your throat and all you can think of is 'i wonder how many bacteria colonies would form from his lips'
lol

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i dont know, dont you think its cool that when you look at a leaf, you know about all its complexity on the inside...

im so lame

delz

HSC
Biotechnology assignmnet I need help Please

Hey I'm in HSC year and we got sent this Biotechnology Assignmnet to do over the holidays and I'm having trouble with it. If any has any information that they think relates too:

** You are to select ONE case study on the application of Biology
* I choose - Medicine

The case study must include
** Identification of the biochemical processes involved in the organism or process
** A description of the outcome of the biochemical process and
** An evaluation of the efficiency of the process ( discussing both advantages and disadvantages associated with either the product or process ) and the Effect on biodiversity

I was thinking on maybe doing something on stem cells or genes or cloning and that helps but I'm not sure if thats ok to do. I was also thinking of a product the Ventracor Heart Pump

If anyone has done a similar project or has any ideas on what its asking please post because I really need help. I'm totaly confused

Thankyou soo Much need help desperatly

Dela

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)