university (1 Viewer)

typingtimtam

HSC
Anyone off to Canberra uni next year? I don't know anyone else going there

CTon

HSC
Canberra Uni? Do you mean ANU or another university in Canberra?

If you're going to ANU, don't worry majority of the undergraduate population is from interstate and in the same boat.

If you're going to another uni in Canberra like the University of Canberra or the Australian Catholic University...well...being brutally honest, most people going to those universities are just locals who didn't get a high enough ATAR for ANU and didn't want to move interstate. That said I imagine UC attracts some people of regional areas who want to escape the country life. But I don't think not knowing anyone else going is a thing to worry about. I mean you'll make new friends, etc, etc.

typingtimtam

HSC
Thanks bro, I'm going to university of Canberra let's hope I fit in aye haha

ando08182

HSC
Canberra Uni? Do you mean ANU or another university in Canberra?

If you're going to ANU, don't worry majority of the undergraduate population is from interstate and in the same boat.

If you're going to another uni in Canberra like the University of Canberra or the Australian Catholic University...well...being brutally honest, most people going to those universities are just locals who didn't get a high enough ATAR for ANU and didn't want to move interstate. That said I imagine UC attracts some people of regional areas who want to escape the country life. But I don't think not knowing anyone else going is a thing to worry about. I mean you'll make new friends, etc, etc.
Or they are going to do Exercise Science, like me. UC is arguably the best in the country for Sport Science, hence why I declined an early entry to ACU in Strathfield in Sydney to go to UC. If you live on Res you'll meet plenty of people. As long as you get out and about and make an effort. Make sure to get down there for Freshers week, the week before O week, and go to the Lighty Wednesday night, and into civic Thursday. Best way to meet people :)

Jonno1809

HSC
most people going to those universities are just locals who didn't get a high enough ATAR for ANU and didn't want to move interstate. That said I imagine UC attracts some people of regional areas who want to escape the country life.
Can confirm, am a rural student. Don't necessarily want to escape the country life but I do want to go somewhere a little bigger. But screw going to Sydney, that place is a hole, which is why I chose Canberra as it's a little more in the bush which I like. As for ANU, personally I felt the whole place to be a little snobby.

So I chose UC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)