University of Canberra or University Western Sydney (1 Viewer)

deastley

HSC
Just like to geather some peoples opinons which university would be the best to goto if one lived between the two university's. University of Canberra of Western Sydney. Any help would be great!

psychochondriac

HSC
Newcastle is between the two...?

Well, I live between the two, and next year I'm doing B Laws/Arts at UC and transferring to ANU after a year or so, with my main reason being I'm already accepted for accomodation at UC and I'm too lazy to change it... hehehe...

But there were several reasons I settled on UC as opposed to Usyd, UWS, UNSW, UoW, etc. I had a high enough UAI for all of them, but Canberra is a lot cheaper to live in than any of those cities, plus Canberra has its own economy, thus making it easier to get a job. Which is all kinda important when you're gonna be living like I am next year. Plus Canberra has roads that are easier to drive in, and stuff like that. Canberra's also a little bit closer to home than Syd(Canberra = 2.5 hours, Syd=5.5... ok so a lot closer).

Also, I've been to UC a lot and I think that the campus is well laid out, it has enough facilities(eg car parks, libraries whatever) without there being too many people. Plus everyone seemed really friendly(sorry to sound cliched), and I don't know if you'd get the same thing in UWS. Also UC is really close to Belconnen Mall... hehehe...

Another reason for UC is that being in Canberra there's a good chance you'll be accepted into the public service and stuff upon graduating... I guess it kinda depends on what degree you're doing though.

I spose in Sydney though, there's a much better social life? But I dunno about at UWS, its kinda in the suburbs isn't it? Canberra city's about 10 minutes(from memory... hehe not sure...) from UC, and pretty easy to get to by road/bus. So I don't know if that's a deciding factor or not.

Anyway, ultimately it should come down to which uni you think will do the degree better. Haha hope all this rambling helps!

deastley

HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHA rambling is good, cause my brain is like that at da moment. But yea newcastle isnt in between the two, just me folks got job transfers to goulburn and yea bought a new house there so yea just was lookin for opionos. But yea canberra is my opionon to the better one to goto, Totally agree with u, the people are much more friendly in canberra plus i can drive there which is a bonus i guess. Thanks for replyin anyhow

davo_

good kid
HSC
I'm guessing that would take near up to 4-5 hrs - canberra is about 3 hrs by car to sydney but all the extra shit that goes with public transport it'll prob take a bit longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)