UCAT : Medentry or Medify or ICanMed ???? im confusedddd. (1 Viewer)

Clueless0182

HSC
Heyyy guyss

so basically im in yr 10 and i wanna sit the ucat in 2023. i am leaning towards on of these three options but i have a couple of questions that i would like to ask people who know abt these services or better use them.

with medentry i know its rlly famous and all and i've heard a lot of good things abt it. so can anyone tell me abt their experiences with the online package preferably or also the platinum package. i was that they have more than 20,000 questions and this seems rlly good. i also want to know if the platinum package's are of any use and what do they mean by their extra services as stated on the website when compared to the online subscription.

then with medify i know this is also rlly famous here as well as in the UK and i've heard majority of the people talk abt using this. the fact that it has over 23,000 questions is rlly appealing however again is a question bank enough or shld i go towards classes and workshops and stiff like that. Also are there video tutorials on a majority of their questions or how do they work.

finally with icanmed this is something i've known for a while but haven't rlly heard anyone talk abt. they claim that this year 71% of the people who scored between the 96th and 99th percentile were their students and this seems a lil too good to be true so what do u guys think. also what do u guys think abt their interview and 99 atar courses if anyone is doing it. and are their masterclasses anyhow useful??

if absolutely anyone has any experience with either of these platforms could you please share ur experiences and if whether they helped

thanksss

Last edited:

quickoats

HSC
finally with icanmed this is something i've known for a while but haven't rlly heard anyone talk abt. they claim that this year 71% of the people who scored between the 96th and 99th percentile were their students and this seems a lil too good to be true so what do u guys think
It could very well be true (although I'm not sure how they would access/verify this data), but this is where you may be mislead.
This DOES NOT mean that 71% of icanmed students scored between 96 and 99 (which you may be inclined to think [prosecutors fallacy]).

dasfas

HSC
Guys, cmon, it's not a hard thing to figure out.

90% of the companies are scams. If they charge more than $500 - scam. It they offer a "prep course" - scam. Every company will say "yeah we guarantee 99 percentiles for everybody!!!" bullshit. Everyone is going to write glowing reviews on their own website. They all claim to be #1 yet that doesn't add up because there are like 50 companies that claim to be #1.

Medentry was the biggest waste of money in my life. Do not buy their products. The exams were crap, the in-person course was not useful either - you can figure out what they teach there on your own without needing to pay something like $2000 for it.

ICanMed only offers 2500+ exam questions, and that's for $700;

Medify offers 20 THOUSAND for under $300.

It's so obvious which one is the best. The only thing I wish is that I knew about Medify before I bought Medentry. Everyone I know who got 99'th percentile used Medify. I cannot recommend it enough. It's like UPlanet but for the UCAT.

I'm sick of these predatory companies charging ridiculous amounts of money to hopeful teenagers going for med. It's basically rendering the UCAT a contest of who has the most money to throw at it. Medify is the best in terms of quality and cost by a long long margin. I support them because their pricing entirely fair considering what they offer.

Go with them and go crush your exams.

Good luck.

dasfas

HSC
It could very well be true (although I'm not sure how they would access/verify this data), but this is where you may be mislead.
This DOES NOT mean that 71% of icanmed students scored between 96 and 99 (which you may be inclined to think [prosecutors fallacy]).
Great point :)

Clueless0182

HSC

90% of the companies are scams. If they charge more than $500 - scam. It they offer a "prep course" - scam. Every company will say "yeah we guarantee 99 percentiles for everybody!!!" bullshit. Everyone is going to write glowing reviews on their own website. They all claim to be #1 yet that doesn't add up because there are like 50 companies that claim to be #1.

Medentry was the biggest waste of money in my life. Do not buy their products. The exams were crap, the in-person course was not useful either - you can figure out what they teach there on your own without needing to pay something like $2000 for it.

It's so obvious which one is the best. The only thing I wish is that I knew about Medify before I bought Medentry. Everyone I know who got 99'th percentile used Medify. I cannot recommend it enough. It's like UPlanet but for the UCAT.

I'm sick of these predatory companies charging ridiculous amounts of money to hopeful teenagers going for med. It's basically rendering the UCAT a contest of who has the most money to throw at it. Medify is the best in terms of quality and cost by a long long margin. I support them because their pricing entirely fair considering what they offer.

Good luck.
hmmm yh that makes sense i heard a lot abt medify too

thankss

icycledough

HSC

Good luck.
Wow, I'm pretty surprised that you hate Medentry that much. I was able to use both Medify and Medentry this year and honestly, I didn't prefer one that much over the other. They were both pretty similar for me, so I can't really say one helped me more than the other. That said, the thing I didn't like about Medentry was that they didn't give you the actual scores other 'score calculators' would give, which resulted in me getting quite lower scores than what I would have actually got. But yh, it's interesting to hear different perspectives on it. Personally, I would slightly favour Medify as well, but not by much.

idkkdi

HSC
no way they have 71% of scores between 96 and 99. I call cap. Maybe 17%.

Clueless0182

HSC
@ the legal students. Can you sue them for false advertising? Surely you can.
ig u can but is it false… that’s the question here.
I also feel like they may have manipulated or said this from a different angle lol.

tbh idc I just want quality preparation ahaha

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
sure just prove it
Should be pretty easy, any organisation is forced to comply under legal action. The UCAT guys can show who got above the specified mark, and the tutoring centre provides the details on who got that. How many people get in the 96th-99th percentile range for the ucat? Knowing this would make it easier to determine the probability of whether or not these guys are telling the truth. Say 500 people get in this range, 355 people go to the tutoring, this kinda sounds a little absurd.

specificagent1

HSC
Should be pretty easy, any organisation is forced to comply under legal action. The UCAT guys can show who got above the specified mark, and the tutoring centre provides the details on who got that. How many people get in the 96th-99th percentile range for the ucat? Knowing this would make it easier to determine the probability of whether or not these guys are telling the truth. Say 500 people get in this range, 355 people go to the tutoring, this kinda sounds a little absurd.
who's funding this legal venture and for what purpose? it's perfectly possible but requires someone willing

Clueless0182

HSC
I have a 15 min consultation with them tmr. Shld i just straight up ask them and what exactly they mean lol

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
who's funding this legal venture and for what purpose? it's perfectly possible but requires someone willing
Sure this answers my question. It was not a matter of funding nor time. My question was if it was likely and under probable conditions that this was fraudulent that one could sue.

I have a 15 min consultation with them tmr. Shld i just straight up ask them and what exactly they mean lol
Definitely lmao.

ezOolong

HSC
i did medentry, but i’d do medify if i was to choose again

lha

l99
HSC
I do not recommend ICM at all! Their explanation for "71% of the students who got 96th-99th are ICM students" completely disregards all the multiple factors that can affect their theory for the 71%. Also, they keep saying that you can ask any question you like but micha*l and asht*n (cofounders of icm) are EXTREMELY rude and condescending. Even in their online videos that they literally upload as part of their course, they are extremely condescending. The way they talk gives off the exact vibe of "you students need us so we can treat you as bad as we want because we know you guys will kiss our feet because you don't want to jeapordise your chances of getting in". While I was doing ucat prep with icm, the majority of my stress was from them constantly being extremely rude to me whenever I asked a question and them always beating around the bush just so they wouldn't have to answer my question. Furthermore, their methods do NOT work for all students but they do not care. If their method doesn't work for you, they tell you that you are doing it wrong and that it's only your fault. So you spend months trying to understand what you are doing wrong for their method to not work (because apparently their method is amaaaazing - spoiler alert, it's not). Also, their practice questions are highly unrealistic and poorly written. Their explanations do not make logical sense but asht*n does not care about explaining the "logic" behind his answer, he would rather spend that time telling students that we are wrong and he is right.
I highly would not recommend getting their course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)