uc next year (1 Viewer)

Rory

HSC
The college is pretty basic, you wont need much. They have three areas;

Analytical Methods which is all maths based, you'll do one group project, a survey-type project on your own and a test at the end. I only wrote my name down for the test and left (I suck with maths) so it's not even that strict. I got a D with my survey project and a CR with the group project.

Then there is Academic Techniques which is all about making sure you know grammar, spelling, etc and how to write university standard reports and essays, they'll make you do little exercises in class and then a report on what degree you want to do (or something along those lines), it's also pretty basic and useful.

Then there is humanities, you'll do about 4 essays for that and they each go up in word count, like the first will be 500 words, second will be 1000, third will be 1500 and fourth will be 2000, and you'll have a workbook that follows a bunch of topics like communications, philosophy, psychology, etcetera and you'll just sit around and have group discussions with questions etc to make sure you all get a broad sweep of everything.

It's something like, you need to keep a credit average but they're lenient and hesitant to fail people, you can only really fail if you do sweet fuck all, the tutors are great and it's a nice way to be eased into university. You'll only do that like two days a week though so you might want to look for a job to kill time as the workload isn't that full on.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
OOOOOWWWW!

MATHS?!?!?!?!....i gave that up in year 10!

Essays!?!?!?!?

Thank the lord im staying at an ex-english/latin teacher, who is good at maths:rofl:

Rory

HSC
^ Hah, like I said, don't stress, I stopped doing maths in year ten, I'm chronically bad at it (seriously, in year ten I came 3rd out of 30 and I got 49% haha) but it's really easy like it's more statistics and basic shit like that.

Essays are simple too, they make sure you take it slow with word counts and they show you example essays and show you how they want you to write them etc so you'll do fine.

LynH1326

HSC
Jeeze, this hasn't been updated in a while!

Is anyone else here (starting in 07 or otherwise) doing B.Ed Early Childhood 0-8yrs with CIT? I'm beginning to feel quite lonely :uhoh:

Other than that, I can't wait to start! 1 month to go

chrissie_t

HSC
Lyn, i'm going to UC too. Though i'm doing Psych. I'll be in old ressies, really hoping it's ok. I'm such a baby bird, it'll be my first time from the nest. -eep-

LynH1326

HSC
Welcome to Canberra guys. I wish I could live on Res, but I'm a "local".
Have fun with your degrees!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)