uc next year (1 Viewer)

wwjd_frog14

HSC
1st preference is sport management/tourism management double

but other UC preferences in my list r straight sport manangement, straight tourism management, commerce and sports media :)

wat bout u? did u put UC 1st? and if so wat do u want 2 do?

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I am hoping to get in!

My 1st is the Management course they have
2nd is a real long shot, the Management and Law double degree!

Other than that, i just have most of the other double degrees that go with managment

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
I just changed my preferences to have Arts/Law as #1 and Arts as #2. I originally had them at #3 and #4 respectively behind Arts/Law and Arts (both) at UNE.

i just feel that Canberra can give me better opportunities than Armidale.
Besides better entertainment opportunities

Peartie

HSC
I have UC as 3rd but that might change and its B International Studies / Communication (Journalism)

danieljarvis

HSC
i've got pdhpe teaching and science down there i think. at 3rd n 4th preferance... but my UAI is like 1.5 under last years for pd h pe so i dunnno if ill get in. when applying i asked for accom. details, and havent got them yet... anybody else in the same boat?

cool_cougar999

ARH! ive gotten ova last year's cut off =)

i can't believe i've gotten ova the last year's cut-off for the double degree (Bac.of Applied Science in Architecture/Bac. of Architecture) at canberra... better yet it was my 3rd pref. so im double excited... i'd love to start chit chating with others who are looking to do the same degree or who generally wanna to go canberra next year (msg me on msn/ or send an email - cool_cougar@hotmail.com... P.s im 18/m/syd) Yeah, living on campus will be awesome, and better yet with $433.90 a fortnight from centerlink... for ppl interstate (like me), settling in and finding a job will be alittle more easier... =))

wwjd_frog14

HSC
hey cougar...r u putting that double degree 1st now that u have gotten the marks 2 get in2 UC? was it unexpected that u would get the marks? living on ressies is gonna b heaps good, i cant wait 2 officially find out im accepted in2 UC n Ressies.

n danieljarvis...id probably ring them up n ask them 2 send u sum details...i got heaps of info @ the open day in august, but u can also go on2 the website n find sum info, but its no where near as detailed...

cool_cougar999

Hay wwjd_frog14.. Your right, living on campus will be wicked fun - but i can't remember which dorm i have applied for.. i have a feeling i applied for ressie's and village but both look as good as each other.. i'm so cut i wasnt able to make it down to the open day - do you know if or when the next one will be? im gonna be heading down next week to check out the uni anyway, but hopefully the uni will stack up..

And to answer your question.. i was suprised but i had hoped for atleast 80 uai.. and ill probly move it up to 1st pref. im just hoping i get in and iam able to get accom. sorted out =/

How abt you froggy? did you reach the uai for the course you wanted?

wwjd_frog14

HSC
it says on the UC website that applications close early december...but its never 2 l8 2 apply 4 accomo i dont reckon, coz we dont actually find out if we've got it till we accept an offer from UC n there are waiting lists..

http://www.canberra.edu.au/residences/index.html > is the main accomodation website for UC

http://www.canberra.edu.au/residences/halls/accom_info/index.html >has links 2 more info and in the menu on the LHS u will find 1 that says APPLICATION FORM - download the form, fill it out, attach application fee (i think it was round $55) and send it 2 the ressies address.

after i applied i got a letter from them saying thank u 4 the application or sumthing like that...it was bout a month afterwards i think

yeh i think im the same as u cougar, i applied 4 uni village or new ressies - both 4 different reasons, but i really dont care which 1...ive been pretty set on canberra since the start of the HSC...n i knew i could get in2 the course i wanted (sports management)...so 4 me its just a matter of when i get accepted...the approx. UAI i needed is 75-80 n i got 86.35, so if it doesnt jump 10 points im good! lol

i dont know if there r ne other open days in january etc, but im sure if they r open they will show u round etc...the actual open day in august this yr was really good....the campus is really nice, n kinda similar 2 UOW which is my local uni...the ressies r rite next 2 the uni, n bout a 5 min walk the the centre of UC....it has big sporting fields etc (yay!) n the AIS is just down the road...n its heaps easy 2 get 2...

im heaps excited! cept 4 the winter when i will freeze, being a 'gong girl n all n having the beach rite there! lol

cool_cougar999

woohoo nice uai froggy..! :) yeah mum told me "you won't know what a winter is until you experience a winter in canberra" .. but on the plus side, canberra is closer to thredbo =)

Its great to hear you probly got what you wanted.. i was thinking abt my pref. today and i might still go for industrial design at unsw as my first pref, then canberra for the 2nd and on-ward pref's..

wwjd_frog14

HSC
goodluck 4 unsw, but if u end up coming 2 UC let me know :) its good 2 know more ppl b4 we end up down there with no friends! lol

ne1 else reading this thats considering UC? :santa:

danieljarvis

HSC
i forgot to say thanks wwjd frog (i hate calling people their internet names) for giving me that info.
i haven't applied for accom. down there atm, so my guess is that there would be no point in doing it now.
Looks like ill need a new years miracle to make macquarie or western sydney it is for me....

Rory

HSC
Daniel, you should still apply for accomodation now, it really is never too late. Just send the accom people an e-mail explaining that you didn't get the accom details you were expecting, that you're going to be from interstate, don't have anywhere else to live if you go to UC etc and see what they can do for you. For first semester last year I didn't apply for accomodation until sometime in January after e-mailing the accom people and I got in, so really, it's always worth a shot rather than assuming you've got no hope in hell.

Bree1987

Anarchronistic Enigma
HSC
my first two preferences were for UC
b.arts/b.management
and then b.arts/b.commerce
i've already applied for ressies in about sept. so hopefully i'll get in and get residence on campus. i put arscott as my 1st pref.
a few of my friends want to go to uc as well.
i wish jan 18th would hurry up so atleast i'll know where i'll be this year!!!

wwjd_frog14

HSC
Bree1987 said:
i wish jan 18th would hurry up so atleast i'll know where i'll be this year!!!
i know that feeling...though im pretty confident i will b @ UC. i emailed the residences the other day and a lady emailed back n said that bcoz i applied b4 the closing date i have a good chance of getting a spot on residences although she cant confirm that...so now im just waiting for our offers 2 b released...n planning my farewell/going away party :) n my mum keeps buying little things 4 me 4 when i move out hehe

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
I missed out putting a course from UC..but i have put B Communication (Creative Writing) for the late-round..though my UAI is very low thanks to the subjects i choose!

I really want to get into UC so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)