UAI or 1st year results for Transfer - confirmations (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
For the purposes of UAC it doesn't matter that you're doing a full time load (75% full load) because that's only the definition for Centrelink and visa purposes. You need a FULL ACADEMIC YEAR.

epsilon

HSC
Yo dudes, I was just browsing through this thread, and I realised that Grizzly, who got a lower sum of UAI +Uni mark, managed to transfer successfully into B. Com UNSW while ace who supposedly got a higher combined mark didn't. What the...? What does this mean then? Is the selection purely based on those 2 marks, or do they take stuff like extra-curricular activites into consideration as well? If its purely on marks, how do you explain Grizzly's case then?

Oh yeah, and btw, about the uni mark, how do I count mine? Like do I take all the marks I got from my tutor for a subject, and average them up, to get my year's average grade for that subject, or what?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Read ace's later comment - He enquired with the head of admissions at UNSW and for Commerce, they take the higher of first year marks or UAI.

aquaa123qwe

HSC
one more thing

it is at least one full year of one certain course

so if you spend two 1st semester doing two different course, it is not count as one year

klh

HSC
then by all means disregard my comment and follow their advice....sorry i gave wrong advice, though i thought it was right at the time...
i apologise

rumour

HSC
What if you failed a few of your subjects, would you still be able to transfer?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i think you could get awya with it if it was first year and cdepending on how many you failed and yyou uai

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
rumour said:
What if you failed a few of your subjects, would you still be able to transfer?
what r u thinking of transferring into rumour? r u doing eco right now?

rumour

HSC
noneother said:
what r u thinking of transferring into rumour? r u doing eco right now?
Yep I'm doing Eco/ Sci!!! I'm thinking of transferring to a uni in Sydney.

ace

is retired
HSC
Minai said:
Read ace's later comment - He enquired with the head of admissions at UNSW and for Commerce, they take the higher of first year marks or UAI.
I applied for mid year transfer and got it. They obviously did take my uni results, which i calculated would of turned into a rank of 93. Interesting. Well im not complaining, im glad im just in alreadly.

Good luck to future people wanting to transfer. As Minai reiterated, yeah I checked with the head of admissions, and they said they took the higher, uni results or Uai, whichever was greater.

Cheers

chic

HSC
hey, im thinking of transferring into UTS next yr, and im currently at UWS..
Im guessing i have already failed 2 subjects out of my 4 subjects ive done during first semester..Predicting that I pass all 4 subjects next semester, could i still be able to transfer into UTS, regardless of the 2 failed subjects done in sememster 1..?

SweetSeasons

HSC
I've apply for a transfer from UWS bach of Science to ACU bach of teaching/bach of arts - technology.

I have done one semester full time and I am currently doing part time study.

I rang the ACU and the lady I spoke to said that my current GPA of 4.5 and my UAI of 78.5 would probably be enough to get me my transfer. She said that they look at you GPA and then your UAI. But if I haven't failed anything I should be pretty sweet.

Man I hope I get my transfer, if I don't I have no idea what I'm going to do.

bananaslug

HSC
hey all. just wondering...what nrsl rank does a gpa of 5.75 translate into... or is there an equivalent uai? many thanks :cool:

bananaslug

HSC
thanks richiee,

am in 1st year...so thats 93...thats lower than my uai -_-...guess i better work harder :bat:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
dont forget that usually for transfers you won't need that high a NRSL rank.
I can get into a 97.6 course, with a 92.75uai and 5.75GPA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)