UAC Educational access scheme for mental health condition? (1 Viewer)

Msbookworm

Far from Earth
HSC
Hi,

I am curious as to UAC's eligibility criteria for EAS in regards to personal disability/ illness for consideration in the university admissions process. Does this encompass such diagnosed long-term conditions as depression/ anxiety, if it has severely affected your ability to perform at school and you can provide documentation? In particular, I'm confused about the part which states 'In addition, you are not eligible if you are only receiving ongoing rehabilitation or treatment, where the commitment is less than two hours per week'.
Does this include therapy for a mental health disorder?

Any experience with this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

Nikolerak

HSC
Hi,

I am curious as to UAC's eligibility criteria for EAS in regards to personal disability/ illness for consideration in the university admissions process. Does this encompass such diagnosed long-term conditions as depression/ anxiety, if it has severely affected your ability to perform at school and you can provide documentation? In particular, I'm confused about the part which states 'In addition, you are not eligible if you are only receiving ongoing rehabilitation or treatment, where the commitment is less than two hours per week'.
Does this include therapy for a mental health disorder?

Any experience with this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.
My advice would be to contact UAC directly through FB messenger. They will answer your questions.
The hours per week for rehabilitation/treatment can also include home program as long as your health professional provides a letter stating that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)