Truth about CUMBERLAND!! (1 Viewer)

iceman_leith

Sydney University Rep
I can be found wondering the streets or the alley
HSC
Alright everyone i know i've posted up something similar to this on another thread but this needs its own thread.

I'm gonna try and answer all your problems in this one message.
First of all, get the transfer thing out of your head, because in the time you transfer your spending 1 year in the course you started in. Therefore sports science then transfer to physio = 5 yrs at uni....PEOPLE just do Bachelor of Health Science (UAI 80+) and then your GUARANTEED entry to Masters of Physio and in 5 yrs you have TWO degrees and one of them is a masters of physio and you get paid more!!!

Ok now for the people who keep hearing crap about Cumbo Campus!! Its an awesome campus here are the reasons why!!
1) We still have common lunch on tuesdays and thursdays where the entire campus has lunch at the same time (unheard of in any other institution in Australia!)
2) We have lunchtime sport (Mixed touch and Mixed soccer, with the winner getting $500 and the Cumbo Cup)
3) We had 12 parties at cumbo last year (THATS MORE THAN MAIN CAMPUS!!!)
4) You study with the same group for you entire degree and therefore you make amazing friends because you are with them in every lecture unlike MAIN CAMPUS where you may not see your friends in every class because theres 400 students in each lecture.
5) YOU don't get lost on campus because its smaller
6) We have our own student union called 'Campus Rewards' which gives students free food coupons when they join up, plus they get $100 book voucher to use at the campus bookstore (TRUST me you'll spend that)
7) We're the only faculty at the University of Sydney that has a designated faculty orientation camp for 1st year students. Its basically a 3 day party but don't tell your parents that.
8) We're accessible to all people and we have the latest facilities and learning, so your having the best possible education from a highly regarded university.

People if you have anymore questions please e-mail directly through the university that way i can help you and you can know someone at Cumbo before you go there!
Leith - START - The University of Sydney

I hope this helps some freshers out there who are unsure of what is going on and what cumbo is like.

Leith

chookini

HSC
N/A
Of course it's the best when it's coming from a rep. It's probably one of the worst campuses i've been to. The most unorganised and pathetic lecturers around. There's crap all there and not to mention in the middle of nowhere.

xD LOL xD

pulsatile
HSC
Sure you could do two degrees, but how many Master of Physio places are HECS places though?

HSC
N/A
yeh its full fee i think there are some csp places

i heard theres about 300 people(exercise science, BHS, Occupational health med sc some non usyders etc) that apply for masters programe and there are only 60 places most of which are full fee (25K a year)

u have a better chance of getting into med imo

xD LOL xD

pulsatile
HSC
Lol yeah I was trying to make the point that it's not as easy as to get into masters of physio as iceman leith said it was.

Yes you're guaranteed a place in Masters of Physio if get a Cr+ average in Exercise and Sport Science or Human Movement Science at usyd, but even if you get in, you might not be able to afford to go.

HSC
they made it easier to get into physio starting with the freshers starting uni in 2009...through the B health science degree.
and its not just the reps that love cumbo, everyone loves the campus because its small and therefore you actually know people and make friends. and o-camp was the best 3 days :)

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Wow sounds fun, but it now makes me more angry/disappointed that usyd dropped radiation therapy(after i've been looking at it for the past two years)
:mad:

chookini

HSC
N/A
there is nothing fun there, probably a good thing that rad therapy is going to be a post grad thing. There are a lot of problems with MRS degrees and not to mention an unpleasant environment to work in. If you want to know more PM me. It sounds like a good job but it's all bullsh**

fallen__angel

Nocturnal Member
HSC
Uni Grad
one of the problems with MRS, more specifically radiography is that the uni keeps on saying that the cumbo campus will be moved to main campus so they haven't update their equipments in 10+ years. That means you get to work with ancient machinery which could be donated to a museum somewhere...and with RT and NM i heard there's practically impossible for graduates now to find jobs because all positions have already been filled up and there's no demand.

Yes cumbo is good in that you have classes with the same people in your course so its easier to make friends and meet up etc during breaks. but that's about it. the gym is shit (the girl's toilets are just creepy...sometimes the lights aren't even on). the food court is shit and a rip-off even with the rewards card. and the main thing it should have but doesn't, is A PUB. if you have a long enough break, you could go to lidcombe i guess but the food there ain't much better either. Not like the main campus where you could scoot to newtown and get a decent feed.

me-mfhs

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm first year speechie and I think cumbo's awesome! Because it's very similar to high school so its not like you'll meet someone and never see them again ahahhaha (like how my friends from main campus/unsw say...) so socially it's very good!........ =)!! you literally get to know alot of people in your course hahahaha!

I think sometimes it gets boring though (cuz its small) >.<! OH and its not like you'd have to walk >9000m to get to one lecture to another lol...

I think the food court price/food is decent too LOL but thats just opinions

OH AND IF YOU JOIN CAMPUS REWARDS YOU GET free stuff every week yaaaaaay!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)