Trial Results and Papers (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your trial results and papers...:)

Subject: Exam Mark Exam Rank Overall Rank
English (Advanced): 81/105 69/152 91/152
Mathematics Extension 2: 62% 23/30 23/30
Physics: 62/84 2/~70 ~2/70
Chemistry: 57/66 (core) 21/25 (option) 3/~65 13/65 [Note: Option did not count]

Thoughts:
English: I was happy with my trial but I have no idea how I was rank 90 before trial and 91 after trial.
Mathematics Extension 2: Expected.
Physics: Happy with this but the way the school made assessments throughout the year really messed me up.
Chemistry: Happy with my trial, very disappointed with my rank - I'm not tuned to be asked for "plan your response" questions for 6 marks.

I estimate my own ATAR to be ~96.50...with HSC marks of 84, 83, 93 and 85, respectively.

Attached is the Penrith High School 2012 Mathematics trial papers including all solutions [REMOVED DUE TO LACK OF TRIAL POSTING]

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
Chem- 90/100: 5th in trial, 3rd overall
Physics- 96.5/100: =1st in trial, =3rd overall
Economics- 96/100: =1st in trial, 1st overall
English- 96/105: 1st in trial, 3rd overall
3U Maths- 70/70: =1st in trial, 4th overall (I think...)
4U maths- 94/100: 5th in trial, =3rd overall

Lol- I seem to like these 3rd's haha. And I'll upload all my papers when I get round to scanning them

deswa1

HSC
could you upload your physics trail
Yeah I'll scan it sometime. Actually though guys, my phys and chem papers have my answers and stuff on them- do you still want it?

deswa1

HSC
Thoughts:
English: I was happy with my trial but I have no idea how I was rank 90 before trial and 91 after trial.
MX2: Expected.
Physics: Happy with this but the way the school made assessments throughout the year really messed me up.
Chemistry: Happy with my trial, very disappointed with my rank - I'm not tuned to be asked for "plan your response" questions for 6 marks.

I estimate my own ATAR to be ~96.50...

Attached is the Penrith High School 2012 Mathematics trial papers including all solutions.
Yeah that english makes no sense to me. And I remember your phys and chem papers- they had heaps of bullcrap questions- I remember showing one of my teachers who used to be HSC senior marker and she was like WTF?

But congrats on the trials marks + thanks heaps for the maths papers

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah that english makes no sense to me. And I remember your phys and chem papers- they had heaps of bullcrap questions- I remember showing one of my teachers who used to be HSC senior marker and she was like WTF?

But congrats on the trials marks + thanks heaps for the maths papers
I had a look at some of the responses from "top students" at my school and I'm quite sure they won't perform in HSC. They don't mention "equilibrium" when the question asks something about the Haber process and temperature/pressure - they also said something like "it makes the reaction go to the left"...that student was in the top 3...

I'm so screwed for my internal mark for Chemistry - gw science.

Last edited:

JasonG123

HSC
Uni Grad
^ Those are impressive ranks/marks deswa. What's your school rank?

deswa1

HSC
I had a look at some of the responses from "top students" at my school and I'm quite sure they won't perform in HSC. They don't mention "equilibrium" when the question asks something about the Haber process and temperature/pressure - they also said something like "it makes the reaction go to the left"...that student was in the top 3...

I'm so screwed for my internal mark for Chemistry - gw science.
Uh oh. Ok that sucks then :(. At least you can still get a mad external but yeah that would be frustrating as hell. Why does your department do it like that?

nightweaver066

HSC
English - ...
Maths 3U - 64/70 - Trial: 3rd, Overall: 2nd
Maths 4U - 85.5/97 - Trial: 2nd, Overall: 2nd
Chemistry - 97/100 - Trial: 1st, Overall: =1st
Physics - 91.5/100 - Trial: 2nd, Overall: 2nd

Papers:
http://www.mediafire.com/?k3jp0lla8a8gd

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
English - ...
Maths 3U - 64/70 - Trial: 3rd, Overall: 2nd
Maths 4U - 85.5/97 - Trial: 2nd, Overall: 2nd
Chemistry - 97/100 - Trial: 1st, Overall: =1st
Physics - 91.5/100 - Trial: 2nd, Overall: 2nd

Papers (will appear slowly as uploading atm):
http://dropcanvas.com/d2on3
Fuark- very, very sexy chemistry mark. And everything else is very solid as well. Congrats :)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Uh oh. Ok that sucks then :(. At least you can still get a mad external but yeah that would be frustrating as hell. Why does your department do it like that?
I've been in conflict with the science faculty all year. The head teacher believes that the students are not making proper responses for some reason (which is true) but I believe that it's the teaching method that spends so much time on redundant work and doesn't teach us what we need to include in our responses.

Anyway, as you can see, I'm gonna get dragged down. I won't be surprised in my internal is 80.

nightweaver066

HSC
Fuark- very, very sexy chemistry mark. And everything else is very solid as well. Congrats :)
Cheers! You too man, gunned everything and came 1st in almost all your subjects

srsly admiring that English mark of yours

actually, all your marks haha

Last edited:

Alkanes

HSC
Thanks to all the guys who've uploaded their trials. Appreciate all your efforts.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
MX1 - 100/100 1st, 1st overall
MX2 - 89/100 1st, 1st overall
English - 80/105 30-40, 30th overall
Legal - 87/100 3rd, ~5 overall
Music - ~130/150 (not exactly sure due to each part being weighted differently), 3-5, ~3 overall
Physics - 81-83/100 (Depending on whether or not I get given a carry-on error), 5-15, somewhere between first and 5th overall (after being first throughout the year)

Thoughts:
Obviously happy with MX1 and I'm reasonably happy about MX2 although I really should've got 100 for that too - I just made some ridiculous errors.

Very happy with English and Legal considering I only really studied the night before all 3 papers. Most of the comments included something along the lines of "your essays seem rushed, you could've done much better with more prep", so hopefully I'll be able to smash externals.

Happy with music, although I could've done better because I messed up one of my pieces and scored about 5 marks (across the 3 teachers) lower than what I was expecting.

Massively disapointed with Physics. This is the only time I've ever felt seriously sad about how I've done in an exam. I know I'm good enough to top the grade and my teachers do too. I was already having a pretty shitty week before we got it back, but this has just made it terrible.

Overall, I know I could've done better in everything. Over the past 3 months I've been having serious motivation issues which I still haven't resolved. Need to get my shit together, but I don't know how :(. Two questions; how do I get back on track and what sort of atar am I looking at now? Also, I'll post the papers once they get uploaded by the teachers, because I'm far too lazy to just scan mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)