Transport around Newcastle (1 Viewer)

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Ok, so this is *kind of* related to newcastle uni... sort of :p
Not sure where else to post this, so here it is =)

I'm crashing at a friend's place literally around the corner from the uni in Jesmond, we're going out with a bunch of people from our degree on Wednesday night as a way for us all to get to know each other better and have some fun.

What's the best/cheapest way to get back to Jesmond from Newcastle (MJ Finnegans I believe?) in the wee hours of the morning?

Walking seems a bit far (lol... 10km = not cool), and clearly driving is out of the question. Any suggestions?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Buses would be your best bet, something like trip: 131500 Transport Infoline - Trip planner results

Edit: just realised that they dont run from 1-6 on weekdays. You might have to catch a cab, which will be about $30 so you're best to split it with some friends.

Last edited:

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Buses would be your best bet, something like trip: 131500 Transport Infoline - Trip planner results

Edit: just realised that they dont run from 1-6 on weekdays. You might have to catch a cab, which will be about $30 so you're best to split it with some friends.
haha, yeah i had a look at the link... 2 hour train ride sounds awesome =/ lol

taxi looks like the way to go, thanks jumb =)

DanHickm

HSC
Just sleep on the street somewhere in Newcastle, you'll be safer than being in Jesmond and you won't even have to worry about getting home till the morning!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
On Thursday the 8th of April, trains depart from civic station (which is adjacent to MJ's)

at

12.26am, 2.26am, 3.17am, 3.32am, 3.58am etc...

Arriving at warabrook station 11 minutes later.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
thank you graney =)

do you reckon it'd be safe walking from warrabrook if it's just me and a guy?

is there a train station near the mary ellen? it's getting there that i'm trying to figure out atm

Zrap

glock9
HSC
thank you graney =)

do you reckon it'd be safe walking from warrabrook if it's just me and a guy?

is there a train station near the mary ellen? it's getting there that i'm trying to figure out atm
Mary Ellen sucks tbh, go to the Prince instead. But it's probably like a 10dollar taxi from civic station to Mary Ellen.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Mary Ellen sucks tbh, go to the Prince instead. But it's probably like a 10dollar taxi from civic station to Mary Ellen.
we're only starting @ mary ellen so we'll leave if its crap, then heading to the prince, junction, del, etc... =)

i'm thinking we could get off at wickham and walk the rest of the way, it'd probably only take 15 mins?

btw thanks for the advice guys, this shall be my first pub crawl in newcastle =)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I never got pub-crawls as a good environment to "get to know" people. It would make more sense to stay in a single place, like the uni bar, or atleast somewhere more central to people.

You crazy kids and your ideas of wasting time and money on transport instead of booze.

Sarah92

HSC
Uni Grad
Thats for the biomed pub crawl, right?

Ah i wish i was 18 so i could go.

Have fun, let me know how it goes :)

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
you got a UAI above 90 and you can't figure out google?

fucking genius.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Thats for the biomed pub crawl, right?

Ah i wish i was 18 so i could go.

Have fun, let me know how it goes :)
Yeah it is!

Aww, not long now... :p

For shizzle, will have to catch up when uni goes back too =)

you got a UAI above 90 and you can't figure out google?

fucking genius.
I know, right?

Lol... clearly there are options, but a lot of them seem ridiculously long for a stupid fucking 10km trip... it shouldn't take 40 mins! So I wanted some other opinions.

Also just the whole safety thing, I'm not a local and don't really know what to expect when trying to get home - but I'll take the risk and walk a fair bit of the way.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
no one has mugged me and I am tiny and walk home at night carrying my laptop.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
no one has mugged me and I am tiny and walk home at night carrying my laptop.
Fair enough. I didn't die lol... mind you, managed to steal a couple of lifts so I was sweet for transport, didn't end up even using public transport. WIN!

OMG.

yeahh definitely :)
so how was it?
It was awesome! Had a brilliant time, got to know heaps more people from first year and third year... and a couple in honours too. Great group, looking forward to many more nights out =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)