Traditional of Simplified characters, and why? (1 Viewer)

Which Chinese writing system do you prefer?

• Simplified Characters

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Traditional Characters

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
traditional is complicated, but its complication gives it more meaning to it than simplified does
maybe it all comes down as to whether youre too lazy to write traditional so you resort to simplified.

Bendent

HSC
traditional does look nicer though. my simplied alone isn't that good.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
but like i said earlier in the thread...depending on which part of china youre from, then of course you would rather one over another
ie..hk and taiwan people like traditional
mainlanders like simplified
simple as that

HSC
N/A
lol...... I find the discussion on this topic quite peaceful here. on many forums whether in the chinese mainland or in taiwan, people from both sides might often argue over "which kind of characters is the best", and often got trapped into series of swearing and denunciations based on the difference in ideologies at the end (even I did so...xD).

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha maybe thats because the hardcore chinese take their language so seriously, which instead of turning into peaceful debates, it more like escalated into an internet war
tbh i dont really care, because if you're gonna work in mainland china, its best to know simplified as well as traditonal

HSC
N/A
回复: Re: Traditional of Simplified characters, and why?

lol...... that's because the difference between these two types of characters was used as one of the tools for political antagonism by both sides...... (actually by taiwan more than the mainland)

wendaYYY

no pain no gain
HSC
Dongle said:
I have a fervent left-wing, anti-conservative populist stance and am in extreme favour of Simplified characters.

All that crap about bad writing aesthetics from the Honkies and Taiwanese is just an excuse to uphold their elitist views and distinguish themselves from the Mainland community .

Simplified has improved literacy rates and is much more pragmatic than convoluted nature of Traditional characters and anyone who is still hanging onto their conservative values is deluding themselves.

Generally all languages have undergone some sort of evolution over the years. To forcefully stagnate it for the sake of 'aesthetics' and other political sensitivities is bullcrap.

*Puts up flame shield against the inevitable number of angry responsible from Taiwanese and Honkie people*

P.S: Legally, Hong Kong isn't a country. Taiwan is not a de jure country either. HAH!
AHAHAHAHAHAA!!! I gotta say!! That was some convoluted shit! Like half the time I was scratching my head, outta both WTF?!?! and dandruff, but I still got the jist of what you're saying =]

LMAO you should hear my mum go on about it in front of my TAIWANESE aunt.

My god, them two always yack yack yack about the differences between Chinese culture and Taiwanese culture.

Aunt hates China, mum hates Taiwan but loves Taiwanese movies

Typical asians.

Hikari Clover

HSC
if just reading, then i feel Traditional characters r better

but if for writing, no doubt that Simplified is absolutely better = =

Winston

HSC
Bendent said:
吃.

This is the new game, you must quote and reply with character(s), but it must make sense.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Winston said:
吃.

This is the new game, you must quote and reply with character(s), but it must make sense.

Bendent

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Traditional of Simplified characters, and why?

ilovecommunism said:
if you say 馬
i might use this character to follow...... -.-
克思主义.

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: Traditional of Simplified characters, and why?

You guys have ruined the game with simplified characters. Good one.

chochang

*Arashi*
HSC
I vote for traditional.
It's what Chinese writings evolved from and should endure that way until the end.
The traditional chinese charcters also influenced countries such as Japan and Korea in their writings and literature. In Japan, traditional chinese characters, called 'kanji' are used frequently in every day life. That shows how useful it is!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)