Today's 2022 Maths Advanced Paper (1 Viewer)

OTEN666

HSC
N/A
Exam has just finished and the first reactions that I heard was that it was hard, especially the calculus.

What did you guys think?

busterlenman

HSC
honestly pretty manageable and fair. got a bit stuck so i didn't quite get to the answer part b and c in the question involving the circle and the line ( y=a/(b-x)-1 I think was the equation). besides that, the 4 mark stats question on the actors/characters ages and one of the multiple choice were a bit uncertain. the rest wasn't too bad. hoping for 90+ 🤞
I was looking back over the circle and line question and it finally clicked in the last 5min of the exam lol, had to rush it a bit to get it done

HSC
I honestly loved that exam! The last question confused me a bit and I did it 3 times, and I also didn't know what they meant by "applications" in the trapezoidal rule question. But all things aside, it was probably the best paper I have ever done compared to all the practice papers I did! I hope you all found it okay :)

d1zzyohs

HSC
What do you think the scaling would be for ADV in 2022? Worse or better than 2021?
from the reactions here and from peers i've talked to, the general consensus seems to be that the exam this year was easier than last years. i distinctly remember leaving the exam last year feeling quite terrible (I did end up getting a 97 exam).

So you can confer from that that the scaling might be a little worse. But drastic scaling changes generally take a while (consider how MX2 scaling has been falling due to the uptake in sub-standard students doing MX2 under the influence of tutors)

Grinder

HSC
from the reactions here and from peers i've talked to, the general consensus seems to be that the exam this year was easier than last years. i distinctly remember leaving the exam last year feeling quite terrible (I did end up getting a 97 exam).

So you can confer from that that the scaling might be a little worse. But drastic scaling changes generally take a while (consider how MX2 scaling has been falling due to the uptake in sub-standard students doing MX2 under the influence of tutors)
doing ext 2 felt like going on a sucide mission. I never felt more hopeless.

FesuY

HSC
When I first saw the paper during reading time I thought I was fucked, however as soon as I attempted the questions they weren't that bad. Definitely easier than 2020 and 2021 paper, also many people in my cohort where complaining about so yeah.

may22

HSC
It was not as bad as I feared, definitely not as difficult as last year. I think I got most of it except for a couple errors here and there. Stuffed up my numbers in the final question but my process was right. Overall a fair paper, so praying I don't have too many silly mistakes lol 😅

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)