To the stooges who wrote more than 8 pages per question (1 Viewer)

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
This tells me two things,
1. You have written absolute garbage, quantity not quality. How the hell can you write a band 5/6 essay that completely adresses all aspects of teh question in the given time frame.

2. You have extremely large writing and/or fat fingers

I think if BOS would have wanted you to write more in the first place, the examiners would have provided extra booklets initially.

If i were an english marker, 9pm on a friday evening well then its good night sally horn if you think they'll be bothered reading through it all...

Last edited:

renny

my response for bnw/br was from a memorised response which is 1200 words long. how do i know its good? well i got my teacher to read it a few times, and she said it was quality. im also top 5 in my school.

i dont have tickets on myself, i just disagree that u cant write more than 8 pages of quality.

my response was 13 pages - not as extreme as some (ive heard 16... and 20 :O!)

if u dont believe me, pm me and ill email it to u.

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
why do u care so much abt how many pages other ppl wrote?? bet u didnt write many, and this is a way for u to mentally reassure urself..
so my KL essay was crap, but i wrote a long but *very* good transformations essay... o yeah it was *damn* good. u better believe it ;)

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
to those ppl who wrote in extra booklet, well done, good luck. some ppl can just write faster than others, be it natural talent or pracitce. i've never finished a booklet in ant exam, but i still get the marks. quality not quantitiy, but i still wish i could write more. :)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
some ppl just have small writing
i do average 12 words a line in those booklets
wheras some ppl do 4
so that means if i write 8 pages, the equivlent for them should be 24 pages...

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
4 WORD A LINE!!!!!
omg, u better be exaggerating. :O

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
nope
i wrote a line with 4 words on wednesday, cause they were all massive words :)

but yeh ppl do like 4-7 on average i think

Jezzabelle

I went into an extra book for transformations, prob 1.75 books :) and went over a book in Frontline, but i couldnt be bothered to get another book for one page so i just wrote on the inside back cover :p

as for Critical study... hehehe ya dont wanna know... prob 5 pages lol

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
renny said:
my response for bnw/br was from a memorised response which is 1200 words long. how do i know its good? well i got my teacher to read it a few times, and she said it was quality. im also top 5 in my school.

i dont have tickets on myself, i just disagree that u cant write more than 8 pages of quality.

my response was 13 pages - not as extreme as some (ive heard 16... and 20 :O!)

if u dont believe me, pm me and ill email it to u.
Thing is with planned responses, you have to be sure that your answering the question. Sure you have your pre-planned ideas and certain paragraphs which can be adapted to any question but if you've just written out a whole pre planned essay how can you be so sure?

ay_caramba: I wrote a good 6/7 pages for each essay - it was quality, it probably wont get me a band 6 but it will go ok, i just get frustrated when i see people asking for more exam booklets - uneccessary.

superbird

HSC
myg0t said:
i just get frustrated when i see people asking for more exam booklets - uneccessary.
ur obviously jealous because u couldnt do better

Last edited:

superbird

HSC
also who do u think u are criticizing people who went into their 2nd booklet. its there problem NOT YOURS. neways we'll see wen results come in

kelboo

HSC
I think writing copious amounts of info when you probs don't need to just hurts your wrist!!!

My writing is midget, about 15 words a line on average... but i did 21 pages all up for the 3 questions.
My wrist was having its own epileptic fit :eek:

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
myg0t said:
ay_caramba: I wrote a good 6/7 pages for each essay - it was quality, it probably wont get me a band 6 but it will go ok, i just get frustrated when i see people asking for more exam booklets - uneccessary.
i understand what ur saying abt quality over quantity, but that doesn't necessarily mean that ppl who wrote long essays didnt write quality ones..
i just don't see the point in putting ppl down like that

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I WILLINGLY admit that I'm jealous of those people who ask for more booklets.

I'm asking for a booklet for english extension one... WHATEVER IT TAKES

I WILL DRAW PICTURES IF I HAVE TO!!!

lol... nah people who do 8 pages, good for them. I've written a full booklet but didn't need more... so I'll get there... Plus I write about... 7/8 words per line, so I'm pretty medium...

Good luck everyone!!

superbird

HSC
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ur_inner_child again."

damn :mad:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
superbird said:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ur_inner_child again."

damn :mad:
bahaahahhaaha!! thanks! it says the same when i try to rep you too! ah well!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
myg0t said:
Thing is with planned responses, you have to be sure that your answering the question. Sure you have your pre-planned ideas and certain paragraphs which can be adapted to any question but if you've just written out a whole pre planned essay how can you be so sure?

Band 5 != quality.

Saieshan

HSC
myg0t said:
This tells me two things,
1. You have written absolute garbage, quantity not quantity. How the hell can you write a band 5/6 essay that completely adresses all aspects of teh question in the given time frame.

2. You have extremely large writing and/or fat fingers

ur an idiot u're expected to write at least 1200 words in an essay........yeah u're prob just rying to reassure urself...and they are gonna mark all of it cause they gettin paid like 5o bucks an hour

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I did 10 pages for each with writing 7-8 words per line. I dont know if thats big or small but its more than i usually write

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Saieshan said:
ur an idiot u're expected to write at least 1200 words in an essay........yeah u're prob just rying to reassure urself...and they are gonna mark all of it cause they gettin paid like 5o bucks an hour
Oh really? Nothing about writing at least 1200 words in the syllabus??
Does that $50 an hour cover them doing a word count of every single essay?

Sit down fool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)