Tips, Tricks and Advice for the HSC (1 Viewer)

xiaomantou93

HSC
@ iMan2
Thanks for the advice! :) HSC has been a real let down so far, so it was great to get some helpful advice. And my study techniques are also similar to yours, so it was very applicable. :D I do have a question though, I'm looking for some supplementary textbooks/study guides for Chemistry and Biology, and wondering if you had any suggestions? Currently using, Conquering Chem and Bio in focus.

K

Kozak92

So where are the tips and advice on where we are on the brink of giving up? Yeah I'm going through one again :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Invoker

HSC
For those complaining about procrastinating. Study at your local library. I previously sucked at studying, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Everytime I'd come home I'd jump on the Internet, get bored and go have a shower / eat / do something else. If you're studying at a library you're forced to do nothing but study. I've been going for the past 2 days, I finish school at around midday and usually leave the library at around 8 - which is more study in 2 days than I have the whole of the year previously.

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
Re: HSC Exams coming soon?

So, how is progress for those undertaking the HSC this year?

0bs3n3

HSC

Pretty happy I guess, will change once I actually see my half yearly results no doubt.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC

mmmm im spending my holidays preparing for a crap half yearly mark so that im disappointed but not suicidal

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Try making the whole exam process (i.e. studying, etc.) almost detached and methodical. Limit displays of emotion.

fly8

HSC
Hah, this might not have a long term effect.
BUT if your on the verge of sleeping, like your eyes are getting heavy as and cant keep them open.

What i do is like go to the fridge, get something metal/glass like etc, a sauce bottle, or a can of drink. and like press it against your eyes, and let it stay on your eyes for like as long as u can, then yeh. it usually gets me awake.

OR more effectively, get 2 metal spoons earlier in the day. chuck it into the freezer, and at night, when your tired as, go get the spoons and yeh, press the concaved back onto your eyes.

It helps :)

bouncing

HSC
BEST THREAD ON EARTH (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)!!!!
thanks so much for all this advice..
its sort of made me realise that my studying habits arent all that effective :'(

chocheaven

HSC
ahh this is an awesome thread...i wish i had this when i was doin the hsc

..chezza yoor awesome!! ^^

Godslove

Premium Member
HSC
Hey iMan2, just want to say that your a legend, really apreciate the help man and hopefully I can be where yu are today.

God be with you.
:)

sleepybearx

HSC
Wow!! Great tips! Will definitely look forward to using these in the future ! :) thank you. ALOT.

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
During the exam, remember someone saying this "before an exam make sure you do a shit so u dont have to waste time doing a shit during the exam"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)