Tips on programming/computing classes (1 Viewer)

riceislove

HSC
Hey guys, I'm taking COMP1917 at UNSW this feb and am wondering will I be okay since I don't know how to code.
I know they said that it doesn't matter but I can't help but feel nervous. Do you guys have any tips?

Thanks in advance!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Learn some basics now whilst you can. You will struggle if you dont manage to pick it up from the get go

boat460

65 WAM Prop Trader
HSC
Nah, you'll be alright. Just be sure to keep up towards the end of the sem, you have to learn content pretty fast.
The language they use is C. I'm not sure if they are any web-based programs for C, but if you just google learn python(very similar) and learn that you should be fine.
Good luck!

turntaker

HSC
Hey guys, I'm taking COMP1917 at UNSW this feb and am wondering will I be okay since I don't know how to code.
I know they said that it doesn't matter but I can't help but feel nervous. Do you guys have any tips?

Thanks in advance!
As others have said, the course does not require any previous knowledge in coding. However, if you want a head start and make things easier for when you start the course, you could practice some basic C programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)