Thoughts on the options (1 Viewer)

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
I thought they were good, we did sports med and improving performance - i think part 2 of the improving performance was a bit bothery but other than that i relatively easy paper when compared to previous years.

at least better than that gayf*ck business studies paper...

rob333

HSC
Yeh they were alright. I did sports med and improving performance aswell. No real stumpers but I dont think I wrote as much as some other people.

Elle3

They were okay, but how long can you crap on about protective equipment, lol.... and the modifying training sessions... hmmm that was okay

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
say as you guys... i had to waffle abit for length but nothing to bad.

protective equipment!! howd that sneak in?? and i wasnt good at bandages, dont think we have studied that

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
protective equipment was relatively easy, i think it required you to relate it to the fact about how it may restrict performance, therefore soem athletes choose to use minimal eqiupment and how it is made compulsory at junior levels. the taping stuff was as per the syllabus but yeh bandaging was gay, i could only talk about how it treats you when you get injured n start bleeding.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
i was a bit the same about bandages!!

with the protective equipment... i also talked about protective equipment on the actual playing field enhanceing the wellbegin of.. (like football posts). didnt talk about people not wearing it for performance reasons! damn

rob333

HSC
shit, I forgot to do bandaging, I just took it as the same as taping. ie. for prevention, stability and isolation of an injury.
for protective equipment I did apparal (mouth, neck, head, feet, body quards etc), things on the field like disco_dave and actual equipment (I struggled for examples).

Shmacka

Toongabbie, Sydney, NSW, Australia, Earth, Galaxy,
HSC
Yeah i had to just stretch out my answer. using examples always helps to lengthen and is what u should do in any case so using headgear knee brace etc did it for me

the sessions for improving performance killed me. i was so lost. i bullshitted on and i hopefully will get like 5 marks from that. also the core questions were a bit tough

lozza_86

HSC
i thougth the protective equipment question was pretty easy. the whole sports med option was easy really, you could have made it up and got half the marks even if you didnt do the course. :uhhuh:
Did anyone here do Equity and Health? :confused: i hate that option :mad: but i thought the questions asked were no where near as challenging as what they could have been. if they'd been more specific in asking to address the social justice principles and framework specifically i think a lto more people would have gotten stuck

nemo-42wy

HSC
is this just my impression or does everyone seem to have studied the exact same two options - sports med and improving performance?

I thought the questions were okay. Definately answerable. They could have been harder (e.g. talking about children/aged needs in sport etc) but i'm definately not complaining that they were managable. I think i did okay, but nothing brilliant.

The dietary conditions of an athlete during a perfromance was a bit of a doozy. How do u explain the needs DURING the performance? It's not like they're going to grab a snack in the middle of a triathlon? I put dietary needs in a pre-event meal ... is this right at all?

lozza_86

HSC
its not always the best when the exams are easy though, that means that nearly everyone will have the same answer, everyone can get teh basics out so you will have to pull out some super freak amount of knowledge to impress and stand out amoung the crowd :( those band 6's will be illusive with such general questions

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
nemo-42wy said:
The dietary conditions of an athlete during a perfromance was a bit of a doozy. How do u explain the needs DURING the performance? It's not like they're going to grab a snack in the middle of a triathlon? I put dietary needs in a pre-event meal ... is this right at all?
I swear it was POST performance. Anyway, if it was during you talk about water and instant carbohydrates (those energy bars). Still Im sure it asked for POST performance... well thats what i answered!

I agree about having to bull out awesome answers, was saying the same thing in the english thread. easy exams arent a good thing!

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
nemo-42wy said:

sports drinks?

Dave - i think it asked for both, but really its the same thing although i guess you need to mention those indepth things, like avoiding alcohol and things like that

I added hydration guidelines as well just for good measure

And yeh lozza your right on the money, only 250 people got a band 6 in last years exam what a gee up

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Without Wings said:
yeh disco dave that q was during and post performance :)
i did sports med and improving perf, they were good :)
holy shit... fuck... no... i didnt even see the during part of the question.... shit.

cant believe i stuffed that up. NOOOO, i got the shits now. thats half the F'n question :vcross:

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
yeah it was... by my marking scale! i talked about the need for marconutrients (big word) and mironutrients (another) and most importantly hydration. there was other stuff like because protein was minimal before the performance, due to digestion speed, it needs to be replaced for tissue repair!!

damn i loved my answer for that.... give me my paper back!

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Without Wings said:
lol... i dont even remember half the stuff i wrote :) ugh im so glad pd is over i was stressing...wooh only 2 more exams n i''m done!
I have 3 left, maths on monday, bio the following monday and then legal teh following wednesday.

Thats after having 4 exams this week.

Looks like a got phucked up...

rob333

HSC
How many pages did you guys write?

I only wrote 3 or so for sports med, but I answered the questions as best I could.
And about 5 for improving performance.
(I have small writing)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I did 11 or so for sports & phys act in australian society
and 8 for sports medicine

SweetSeasons

HSC
I did 6/7 for sports med and 6/7 for sport in Australian society.

Part b for Australian society was really hard, because I didn't know how much of the media stuff I should have put in or if i should of put any of that in at all. I wrote a bunch on how the more women break down the male domain in sport the less likely women are to be sterio-typed, I also talked about homophobia in sports such as gymnastics and so forth. hmm. The question reallyc onfused me i'm upset that it was worth 15 marks.

Sports med was prolly my better answerd of the option topics. I doubt I'll get more then 10 for each topic but.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)